Last 8 games

8 wins, all 5-0, Josh Gordon hits 8 consecutive hattricks. Daniels returns to lead us to 8 clean sheets and the glory of finishing in the automatic spots

7 Likes

MK Dons L
Salford L
Tranmere W
Doncaster D
Notts County W
Swindon W
Bradford D
Wimbledon L

11 points ending on 67.

Take this one to the bookies.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of truth in your last sentence, especially about our strikers!

Should be 4 wins for sure, itā€™s how well we do in the other 4 that will get us over the line.
Since start of December W10 D5 L5, so 1.84 per game, if we maintain that form thatā€™s 14/15 points and 70/71 total. So pretty much as @Belphegor was predicting 4 wins and 3 draws with only one loss.

1 Like

Our last three games we have just thrown the points away.
Weā€™ve lost a little of the momentum we had, Hutch is not at his best - something we need if weā€™re to achieve the 70 point + play off target.
The inept strike force worries me. MO has missed some absolute sitters, I realize heā€™s a young lad learning the game, but heā€™s missed chances our grandparents could easily tuck away.
Gordonā€™s work rate is phenomenal and I applaud him for it, but heā€™s not a finisher and we all know it.
DJT is just plain useless imhoā€¦nothing more at add on him.
I hope DJ is back after this mini break, if heā€™s on form that will give me more confidence in this team.
I would love us to recapture the form we were on during the winning streak, but Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t see that happening, I think the last three games has screwed our season as we gave away too many points.
Sorry Saddlers fans, thatā€™s just the way I see it.

3 Likes

I reckon 12 points: 3 more wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats.

D MK Dons
W Salford
L Tranmere
W Doncaster
D Notts County
D Swindon
W Bradford
L Wimbledon

1 Like

Iā€™ve got my hands cupped round the candle but itā€™s flickering.

Mk Dons L
Salford D
Tranmere D
Doncaster L
Notts County W
Swindon W
Bradford W
Wimbledon W (it may well be a must win)

70pts

I fear you might be right unfortunately - us drawing those games - which were there for the taking with some better finishing - might cost us.

1 Like

More like crystal meth!!:rofl::rofl:

Mk Dons D
Salford W
Tranmere W
Doncaster D
Notts County D
Swindon W
Bradford W
Wimbledon L

15 points, automatic promotion form and more than enough for 7th spot

Sadly I canā€™t see us getting over the line given our injuries and our lack of firepower up front. I hope I am wrong, but Iā€™m not holding my breath, so ~

Mk Dons L
Salford D
Tranmere L
Doncaster D
Notts County D
Swindon W
Bradford D
Wimbledon L

IF we can make the right forward signings (at least 2 for me) AND we can avoid a plague of serious, long term injuries then next season will be more our chance.

Cheer up old chapā€¦I think we will win more than one of the next eight despite our forward woes!!! Agree about next season though as I have posted beforeā€¦at least 2 quality permanent forwards required!

1 Like

I think we will win 4 draw 2 and lose 2 of the next 8 leaving us in with a shout if the play offs.
One things for certain we got to stop being so wasteful.

Mk Dons w
Salford w
Tranmere d
Doncaster d
Notts County w
Swindon L
Bradford L
Wimbledon w

His username says it all, desperately disappointing all round.

1 Like

Interesting,

If we are looking at meanings behind username choices, I would say WalsallOne would have a sense of superiority about him/her, Walsallnil would be very much in touch with the Walsall gallows humourā€¦ KingCrodā€¦ I wonā€™t go there :rofl:

2 Likes

MK Dons L
Salford D
Tranmere L
Doncaster W
Notts C W
Swindon W
Bradford D
AFC Wimbledon L

As it happens I sit by WalsallOne and the first game I saw in 1964 we lost 0-2 to Bristol Rovers. The choice of name seemed right for those reasons. Iā€™d say my choices of results are more realistic than most in our circumstances, but time will tell.

3 Likes

You sound full of beans and Iā€™ll leave it there :wink:

1 Like