Yeovil Town vs Walsall Report

Neil @ 1:27 pm Monday 19 March 2012

Worsul with the report:

Frustrating result. We should have got a point against Woeful.

Player Ratings:

Grof – 8 Felt very sorry for him. Both Yeovil’s goals involved strange deflections. Made a great save just before Yeovil’s 2nd. Alas all in vain

Beevers – 6 – Did ok. Doesn’t seem to add much when going forward though and Yeovil always seemed more threatening attacking down their left.

Butler 6 – Typical Butler performance commanding the defence. I think he played a long cross field ball to no-one which led to Yeovil’s first which is why I marked him down.

Lancashire 7 – Did nothing wrong. Looked quite assured on the ball

Sadler 8 – Looked solid and got forward well.

Mantom 7 – Some good long range shots including the goal too.

Cuvelier 8 – My MoM. Always looks capable of creating something 90% of the time. Sadly the other 10% occurred when we needed some magic from him at the end.

Hurst 5 – Largely anonymous. Also, no idea what he got booked for.

Nicholls 6 – Don’t want to be harsh on him, he did ok, but he makes the wrong choice too often. A good example was a cracking shot he had, which was very impressive but there was a Walsall player in acres of space and a simple pass was the right choice.

Macken 6- Disappointing game from Postman Pat. Never looked like scoring.

Ledesma 7 – Encouraging start. Showed some touches of class and really pleased to have him back. Gets pushed off the ball too easily though which is a concern when we need to fight in the last few games.

Subs

Paterson – Didn’t do much wrong.

Peterlin – Brought on for Ledesma and played on the right wing. Seems a strange place to play him. Didn’t really add anything when he came on though.

Bowerman – Not on long enough to do anything.

Ref was pretty rubbish as seems to be par for the course these days. To be fair he was equally rubbish for both sides.

On the plus side it was decent performance again. We certainly look good enough to stay up and looked at least as good as Yeovil who are the ‘form side’ of the division.

I still think we’ll stay up.

Share/Save
comments
  • RSS Message board

  • News items

  • Latest

  • UpTheSaddlers Tags