10 games in

That’s league 2 really, loads of dire games. Nobody cared much in 2006-07 as Walsall were winnng 15 of them 1-0.

Opposition last night were in top 7 at kick off and they looked incredibly average.

Ye agree, but we are equally as average as the majority of league.

My view is that we won’t be challenging this season, based on what I’ve seen I can’t change my mind.

1 Like

I certainly agree for top 3.

As said by Tom above you don’t need to be that amazing to be in the mix for 6th or 7th so don’t see why play off challenge can’t be attempted.

1 Like

The reason for my optimism is the number of player we have who are now automatic first-teamers.
Norman, Holden, Eli, Josh, Scarr and Roberts. I would add Kinsella and Jules to the improved player list purely for their tackling abilities.
The players we brought into the club are doing well. Osadebe and Nurse are good and have played a few games. White is a decent player, but doesn’t look interested. I’m wondering if that’s just my observation or have other fans noticed it.
Lavery, White, Guthrie, Sinclair, Clarke and Bates need to improve to be considered for regular first team selection. The jury is still out on George, Scrimshaw and Nolan.

No one can judge George yet has even played

1 Like

Would really like Nolan to step up to the plate , when we first signed him and he came on as a sub in a couple of games I thought he looked class , hope he can push on now and get back in the managers thoughts

1 Like

I personally think the football is so boring apart from a few games, ■■■■ knows what we do in training

1 Like

Worst part for me. I can understand this season being a bit of an unknown with not much rest between games, not much of a preseason etc. so as much as I want us to be top 7 I don’t actually think there should be as much pressure as if we had the chance to prepare for this season properly.

No excuse for the terrible football though, it’s awful.

1 Like

The fact we can’t get past round 1 in any cups , would suggest to me this team doesn’t have the quality to mount a play off challenge.

Time for a change.

3 Likes

Even if we did get promoted, oxford are 21st in league 1 and cant beat there 2nd team, we have no money so would just be stagnating again until we got relegated again… not really alot to look forward to as a walsall fan is there, tried getting my son to watch them but he just gets bored

2 Likes

I think you have a clever lad there :wink:

1 Like

…and I think you’ve had a few reading that sentence … :joy:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Try again … :joy:

You have just made that up :grin: :wink:

1 Like

IT bloody red lined it? poxy laptop spellcheck :joy:

1 Like

What lad with two d’s … :joy:

It red lined the one d? i think it thought i was on about the actor :joy:

1 Like

Tried to be reasonably hopeful during this season despite the mediocre football on display but think today will prove to be a tipping point.

Don’t see DC coming back from this considering he’s just delivered one of the worst results in recent history.

Pomlett was still making noises about going up in pre season when country was deep in pandemic so I’m not convinced he’ll just totally write this year off just yet.

3 Likes

Pomlett even mentioned it as recent as yesterday…

5 Likes