15yr old striker

Might not be the sole reason, maybe he hasn’t got a great attitude?

Sole you say? Sounds a bit fishy to me…

Are we suggesting he’d flounder at this level?

1 Like

I’d be inclined to wait until we play the Gills.

1 Like

I think he actually would be a fish out of water …

It really does depend on how he’s been schooled none of us would want him to look like a plank…ton

For years we’ve been moaning at the kids not being given a chance to break through. Here’s a great opportunity to blood a youngster and show other teams what a fine catch we’ve got.

As some have said, it’ll do his confidence no good if we get battered

Oh no here we roe again

1 Like

I love a good old pun :+1:t2:

Could be reely good for the lad.

Eel fit in well with the other young lads

The puns have started thats the end of another thread then.

Admit it, you’re hooked.

2 Likes

There’s always some sprat who will ruin a thread.

If you’re good enough to be part of the squad then you’re old enough to be part of the squad.

1 Like

Mixed on this. I like to see young players given a chance but 15 is exceptionally young. I’d reserve judgement until seeing him play.

1 Like

People forget some of these are real “kids” with school and stuff…

Maybe Rooney did fire it straight up but not ever player does that unless the have that very special thing…Were a league 2 club if they had that “special thing” they would not be here

He should bring more youth too light but you goto balance there play time and stuff well…There kids coming into a rough and tough ■■■■ league with low crowds…They goto be let in slow too it all and they grow much better because of it…Hes probably left a few out a little too much but maybe they said they wasnt ready or DC knew they wasnt ready?

Look at Wes and Gordon under DC…New players in my eye’s…It may not all be correct and we deffo arnt where we should be in league but the youth is the only real good promise we have and him and Miguel should be praised for how they done that work so well

1 Like

I don’t see it as being a part of the squad (or squid, to stay on fish pun trail), or geting minutes too soon. It’s more to gain some exposure to the ‘real’ footy world. Not world you know from youth games, or training there. So, if there is end of season feeling everywhere, checking younger players, if they can later, could be beneficial in longer run. You have to start somewhere, so why not now?

2 Likes

[quote=“Boldmeresaddler, post:32, topic:4383”]
lads
[/quote