2022-23 Squad

Flynn, though, insists the playing budget is still not among the highest in the division, while he has been taken aback by the high level of spending elsewhere.

“We’re saying it’s a competitive budget, but I’ll tell you, it’s still not in the top seven,” said Flynn.

“It won’t be in the top seven, maybe top-10 budgets. It won’t be a top-10 budget, I know that.

“Yes, it’s a competitive budget for Walsall and the league, because money doesn’t guarantee you success. It gives us a chance of getting one or two.

Goes against what Dame Omelette said and consistently claims.

4 Likes

Really interesting read and goes to show again how much Pomlett is detached from reality.

You can’t even blame Trivela, they were the ones in the press conference trying to say how we’re not going to be throwing money around left, right and centre. It was Pomlett making the daft statements, raising expectations to an unrealistic level, talking about ‘making noise’ and ‘getting the Villa to sit up and take notice’.

1 Like

That sounds f***ing horrendous to be honest.

2 Likes

How ffs can we expect to get promoted when we dont even have a top ten budget in this shit league.

1 Like

Same old same old… doesnt matter what keague we are in we always have a shit budget… hopefully once the freehold is ours then we may be abot more competitive… at the minute theres only one way we are getting out this league if we keep up this trend and thats through the bottom of it

2 Likes

Glad I didn’t get a season ticket! Hope many more don’t also. Top 10 attendance without a top 10 budget. Doesn’t quite add up does it. No tar.

1 Like

Absolutely hilarious for all my knockers on this site including the ‘how dare u question Trivela ones’. Flynns words not mine but we’ve now gone post takeover from a definete top 7 budget to not even being in the Top 10 lol.

You couldn’t make it up!!!

2 Likes

To be fair to Trivela, they never made the outlandish claims. That was Pomlett.

2 Likes

Have you read the statement. It wasn’t about outlandish claims. It was about the promise of additional investment. Following the takeover we appear to have gone down the budget league table even further. Flynn saying we now aren’t even in the Top 10

1 Like

How can we not even be top 10 with our fan base,ground size , external revenue including sponsorship catering advertising and new owner boost?
surely we are one of the bigger teams on fan base and football revenue alone?
It doesn’t make sense to me

3 Likes

What about the part where Pomlett said we were going to be ‘making noise’ or disrupting our neighbours?

The comment I took from Boycott’s initial interview was the repetition of ‘incremental progress’. Pomlett was the one raising expectations to an unrealistic level.

It all makes sense if you read between the lines.

Love to know how you would class ‘incremental progress’ as slipping out the top 7 spenders pre takeover to now slipping out the top 10 completely post takeover.

2 Likes

How do you know that’s true? You spent three years saying how much of liar Pomlett is, but now all of a sudden everything he said was gospel truth just because it fits your agenda to bash Trivela?

Interesting.

3 Likes

I think the bottom line is that no one actually tells the truth when it comes to Walsall fc. Think we would both agree on that one!!!

2 Likes

10 grand a week to our “Number 1 fan’s pension fund”. Effing leech!!!

1 Like

Dame Omlett is a charlatan :wink:

1 Like

Tell us something we don’t know

Pomlett got overexcited at the press conference and a little embarrassing but i will give him a break because I think he has done a fantastic deal with Trivela. Boycott played down the budget saying it will be evolution not revolution but it would be very competetive.
I expect Boycott to say on Monday that Trivela are here for the long haul and investment in the team will grow steadily over time. There number one aim is to aquire the freehold off Bonser while improving the team within a sustainable budget.
No need to go into meltdown mode yet

1 Like

Brilliant… Only slight issue is with your synopsis is that Flynn (the manager) dosnt feel our budget is even in the Top 10 of this dire league and allows him to secure the players he wants . Unless of course you haven’t seen his rant in today’s newspaper.