2022-23 Squad

That’s so true. Cashman, Abraham and Douglas James are far worse than Rodney

2 Likes

On the subject of strikers I’d like to see Williams chip in.Yes he holds the ball up and works hard enough but he is a striker and should have scored a league goal by now.

1 Like

Looks a poor decision now compared to what Flynn has brought in. Sometimes a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!! We’ve had problems attracting good players - perhaps it’s the money we’re offering, perhaps it’s the club’s perceived attractiveness but we’ve definitely missed out on our first choice targets. Perhaps we have to be a bit more realistic in future.

1 Like

I am struggling to see where this sudden appreciation for Rodney is coming from.

He showed next to nothing in the games he played last season and at the point Flynn wanted rid and he was sold to Rochdale (yes, SOLD, we actually got a fee for him!) , there were people queuing up on here to drive him there themselves.

Don’t remember many at the time saying Flynn had made a mistake and we should be keeping him for this season, even at that point knowing the only other forward on the books was Wilkinson , who was then already out injured for at the very least the first few months of this season.

6 Likes

I think that says more about some fans, and the willingness of some to give up on a player before they had the chance to settle into the team and show us what they can do.

Rodney was an established first choice league two striker before he came here, and he is an established first choice league two striker now he has left. No more, no less. Most league two strikers are not that good in several aspects of the game, that’s why they are league two.

2 Likes

Well i just think that it proves the old saying “you don’t know what you have until it’s gone” :wink:

2 Likes

I think calling him an established first choice league two striker is a little bit over the top.

I don’t remember anyone asking why we’re getting rid of an established first choice league two striker when we binned him off.

2 Likes

I think it’s a combination of the benefit of hindsight and thinking that Flynn would indeed bring in someone better…and then realising that he didn’t!! I think Rodney would have done better than any of our current strikers with the obvious exception of DJ.

2 Likes

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Said all last season Rodney needed preseason and time :man_shrugging:

2 Likes