24/25 Fixtures: First game? Which away day?

With just over a week to go to the release of next season’s fixtures, for a bit of fun, any ideas what the first game will be? And what away days are we pencilling in?

My random fixture generator says Grimsby (h) first up. As for away days, Crewe is always an easy one to look forward to; for me Tranmere is a good day out at a proper ground, but am looking forward a trip to the seaside with a tram ride to Fleetwood. Then, hopefully by May, we can say goodbye to this horrible division.

(All assuming these are Saturday games without Sky screwing the fixtures up).

Bromley away

1 Like

I think we’re due to be at home for this season’s opener.

2 Likes

I just want the season to start.
Bromley is a new ground for me so I’m looking forward to that one.

2 Likes

MK Dons would probably be a good one as it’s big enough to accommodate a decent following which is often bigger as it’s the first game

3 Likes

Vale.

Barrow away - instead of going there on a Tuesday in winter.

3 Likes

Newport Home.

Anyone really as long has we get three points

1 Like

Vale away could see us taking 2k plus first game.

2 Likes

I honestly had forgotten about them. Easy, I suppose!

Fleetwood Away. Weekend in Blackpool in August. What’s not to like?

3 Likes

It’s Blackpool.

9 Likes

Really enjoyed Morecambe away last year. Think we’re due a home fixture to kick off the season though so I’l go for Port Vale at home.

Chesterfield at home would be a good occasion.

2 Likes

Likely to be vale away >.<

We must be due a home game first game.

I like P.T’s Chesterfield at home shout. Used to have a half decent rivalry with them back in the day. They will bring a few no doubt also.

1 Like

Salford at home, which for me would be a good start.

It’s great to have Chesterfield and Vale back on the fixture list this year , if only the Salops could have graced us with there presence it would have been the mid 80s revisited

Opening Fixture Salford, three points

3 Likes

I’m surprised Cheltenham doesn’t get more of a mention. Straight down the M5, attractive town, Cotswolds on the doorstep.

7 Likes