300K cash injection for Infrastructure and Saddlers Club

https://twitter.com/JoeEdwards_Star/status/1534457673583935490?s=20&t=37rtzBJ7nzSIkp-nPL-uLw

Didn’t the Saddlers Club need around £500k of work done, or was it £250k?

The grand opening of the saddlers club may be sooner than than we first thought :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

500k was banded about but i suppose 300k gets you started. I suppose if they plough 500/600k into it if done correctly it will pay soon pay for it self. And produce an nice helathy profit each year.

2 Likes

Maybe the Americans went and got their own quote instead of using a club contact? :thinking:

10 Likes

Does anyone on here understand the rationale for refurbing it?
I’m clearly missing something as my thinking is that there is more than enough hospitality space in the ground, with the possible exception of hosting away fans.

Why is it likely to succeed this time around?

1 Like

Pretty sure it was £250k, mostly related to roof and weather tightness.

1 Like

It’ll need a a lot more than that then to bring it up to speed. Inside is like a 1980’s working man’s club.

3 Likes

Answered your own question. 80s retro is all the rage. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m assuming they’re going to put effort into it being used for other events throughout the week rather than how it was run before like a 70’s working man’s club.

3 Likes

Hopefully 1980’s prices then :hugs:

2 Likes

The only logical reason is for away fans.

1 Like

Again, there’s loads of room in the stadium. Maybe I’m underestimating the underlying demand for nights out at The Venue.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the new brewery contract doesn’t mean a contribution from them even if it’s just fixtures and fittings especially if increased the amount sold if it’s open more than just match days for example.

1 Like

Maybe that was Dollars …

50p a pint (80p for Guinness) at the Blue Angel and Black Horse and Rainbow on student nights in Liverpool.

1 Like

LP said it had to be open and generating money 7 days a week to be worth re-furbing. Question is, what can be going on in there that doesn’t detract from the existing hospitality, conferencing etc at the ground, unless the the plan is to complement/extend what’s already on offer.

1 Like

Getting builders at the moment isn’t easy, most seem to be booked well into next year so unless detailed planning for refurbishing the saddlers club has been happening over the last year, I’d expect it will be a while before we see the club re-opens.

Think Gilman might be able to help out …

:cowboy_hat_face: :rofl:

1 Like

I should imagine it will be another option to offer people booking weddings, parties and business conference’s.

1 Like