Accrington Stanley (A) 13th April, 3pm

Agreed mate, the defence look a lot more solid when the midfield aren’t being overrun.

The last time i went here i missed about the first 30 mins because of there being an accident on the m6, hate that bloody motorway, I think we will win, new manager effect, i am going 1-2 to us cook, and ferrier to loud boo’s as he lifts his shirt to show a t shirt with a print of his like on twitter :rofl:

5 Likes

I still think 4-3-3 has legs…just it’s always going to be difficult to justify it with wins if you just play it against four of the best teams in the division and no one else.

Would’ve it been a better fit against Oxford? Difficult to know but I would go back to that, I’d probably go with Ferrier and Gordon either side of Cook, agree with having Ismail and CBT as subs for last 20 minutes when the game starts to open up more.

If we were at home maybe 3 points , but away against a team fighting for their lives I can only see defeat.

I’m driving across M62 from York if anyone up north wants a lift. Setting off around 12.30pm.

2 Likes

Apparently Billy Kee is fit to play. :woozy_face:

To me this is THE must win game for a long while. Lose and that’s it for me, win and I think we’ll get out of it. Can’t say I’m really looking forward to it!

3 Likes

I really hope one of O’Connor’s changes is Johnson/Fitzwater for Scarr. Preferably Johnson as I’d take him next season on a free in a second. Already good enough for this level with a lot of potential.

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more about Johnson. His treatment has been ridiculous. You don’t take a player on a season loan and then leave him out of the entire squad. To me he looks to have genuine ability, and could be potentially a much better player than either Guthrie or Scarr (if he isn’t already). Young and lacking experience, but that was what he was supposed to be getting here. No good moaning if our neighbours chose to lend their players to other clubs down the leagues if they look at the way we’ve treated him and a few others and say “no thanks” when we come knocking. Another set of poor decisions made by Keates that could affect the club for years.

9 Likes

Could never understand why we played 90% of the season with best 2 centre halves not in the team.

He will have one in our net within 10 minutes which means we will HAVE to score at least two, which has proved difficult/impossible of late.
Must win, defeat and I think we’re gone.

1 Like

Not sure how true it will be…but masi indicated that maybe some youngsters will be involved in the team/squad tomorrow on his podcast bescot beat. Maybe Johnson, candlin ,bates . We shall see😉

1 Like

A draw and I think we are gone

2 Likes

And he’s out of contract at the end of this season so I gather. If we did want to sign him, I do, then I don’t think we’ve helped ourselves with the way he’s been treated.

3 Likes

I’ve had a tenner on us. At 21/10 it was too tempting! Crazy odds really considering their form is basically as bad as ours.

1 Like

Agree with the comments amount Johnson, he was excellent against Sunderland and bizarrely dropped right out of the picture. Edwards and Kinsella have to start with Dobson. We need Cookie and Gordon playing closer to each other - absolute basics of two frontmen. Also agree with Zeli and CBT being brought on as impact players to terrorise with pace and guile in the last 20. Still believe we have a chance to escape the drop and this game could go a long way to rebooting the season, restoring confidence and galvanising the players. I’m going for a Walsall win. Come on you Saddlers!!!

2 Likes

Literally forgot we had these two still at the club…

1 Like

No pressure lads…but lose today and our season is as good as over . Go out there and all put a shift in and get a result . Do this and you will put some pride and belief back into our hearts. And in return you will get the full support of the town I’m sure. Come on you saddlers!!!

2 Likes

Just setting off now.

Setting off for what is essentially a fourth division standard of football.

Getting acclimatised for when it’s the real thing. And hoping that a few of our players are up to that standard (I think a few aren’t).

A nervy 1-1 in fron to 2,648 (731).

1 Like

Yeah nearly 500 sold according to Walsall late afternoon so won’t be far off 700 with a few groups paying on the day.

I’m surprised ticket sales are so low for Wycombe tbh, only 250 sold. Guess bank holiday plays a part but Wycombe is hardly cut off from civilisation as Chiltern still runs there hourly so easier to get to than Accrington.

Nice ground aswell although guess terracing has sold it for a few at Accy. Still results pick up in next two and Wycombe will be even bigger six pointer than today.

Nice short trip today having stayed in Preston last night.

3-1 win today, Cook + Edwards and Ferrier late on.