Adebayo to Southampton?

As it looks like Nathan Jones has been confirmed as the new Southampton manager , what’s the chances he makes Adebayo one of his first signings ?

Zero, as he will appoint his backroom staff :eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

None, as he (maybe) has a sell on clause, and we NEVER make any money from those.

Either he’ll retire at Luton, or leave on a free :joy:

2 Likes

Unlikely. Jones knows his capabilities. Premiership is probably one step too far based upon his form this season.

1 Like

Realistically he’s not good enough yet.

Do tend to agree on his ability at this stage , but isn’t he no better than when Saints took a chance getting Che Adams from Blues for around 17 mill? I’ve heard how Nathan Jones believes that Adebayo has lots of levels to go and may take a punt as he would get him cheaper now than maybe in the future .

1 Like

Absolutely I certainly hope they do buy him, but are Southampton in a position to spend big money on a player that more than likely will need time to settle.

Still fingers crossed on a pay day.

1 Like

They’ll buy him next season after they get relegated to the Championship

1 Like

Doubt their fans would be too happy taking a punt on him after previous moves for good Champ strikers haven’t paid off.

As already said, he’s not good enough yet and they will want immediate improvement.

Saying that though he surprised me with how well he stepped up to Champ level so who knows.

Don’t think he’s done anything to prove he’s worth a chance in the Premier League and Jones will know he’ll be judged right from the start with his first few signings.

Agree, Carlton Morris the more likely if he does choose to go for a Luton player.