African Cup of Nations Sweepstake

For your delight and delectation, or misery and malice, I am pleased to offer up the African cup of Nations Sweepstake.

Rules are similar to the world cup sweepstake of 2018, except there is no prediction element. There is however, the re-inclusion of the Golden minute which proved interesting.

Simply add your name on a post, and your chosen minute of destiny, which can include 90+1, 90+2 or even 90+8 or beyond if you’re in a weird mood.

Teams will be allocated when 24 players have signed up, and as games start very soon, the sooner the better. Golden minute incidents will be suspended until teams are allocated.

Winner - 10 points
Runner up - 6 points
Losing Semi-finalists - 3 points
Highest Scorers (team) - 4 points
Teams in the highest scoring game - 5 points (each)
Wooden spoon - 5 points
Best discipline - 3 points
Worst discipline - 3 points
Odds upset (most FIFA ranking difference) - 6 points
Furthest advance (lowest FIFA ranking advancing furthest) - 5 points for last 16, 5 points for the last 8.

Golden minute (choose a minute from ONE to NINETY (or 90+1, 90+2 etc), events occurring in that minute confer the following bonus points:
Goal - 2 points
Red card - MINUS 2 points

Points are doubled for your own team in that minute. A different minute must be selected by each player on a first come, first served basis. 90+1, 90+2, 90+3, 90+4 are also available if you wish. All minutes conform to BBC analysis - purely for simplicity).

This is close to the wire, so let’s see how it goes … good luck!

Rather watch women’s football :wink:

But I’ll have a go.

66 minute

1 Like

In.
Women’s football is boring me (shouldn’t they be doing the ironing or making me a sandwich ?)

90+3 thank you.

1 Like

50 minutes

1 Like

89 minutes.

1 Like

35 minutes

1 Like

54th minute

1 Like

90 mins

1 Like

44 minutes

1 Like

32 nd

1 Like

90 +1

1 Like

83 minutes

1 Like

78 mins

1 Like

In. 84

1 Like

Great, 13 in, so 11 more needed. Teams allocated before the next set of games on Saturday.

1 Like

In 48 minutes.

1 Like

Go on then I’ll have a go :sunglasses:

1 Like

The wheel of destiny is ready, but still need 8 or 9 players for a full house. Add your name below to join up.

Me please, sir … 43rd minute

(EDIT - I see that 44th minute has gone, so make mine 43rd minute :wink: )

I’m in. 74 minutes for me