Ajax Amsterdam (H) Thu 19th July, 7.45pm

Are we losing yet?

Apparently Dunn is in goal, despite Liam being on the team sheet.

Hope to God Liam isnā€™t injured now, as well.

Agreed. Some big uns at the back whoever they are.

Hope Zeli isnā€™t our Raheem Sterling. He shouldā€™ve buried that chanceā€¦

hoping cook finds some pace before the start of the season? he turns like an oil tankerā€¦

he can head though ā€¦

1-0 Cook

fantastic goal

shame baka has gone off looking useful

Pinch me we are beating Ajax lol

You should go home to sober up my friend, you are obviously ranting!

Anyone else remember that Summer where we lost our top scorer (Boli), main creative source (Peron & Hodge) & lined up against Sheffield Wednesday at Bescot, days before the season started, with a bunch of trialists (Wrack, Brissett, & I recall Tony Witter amongst them)?

Everyone groaned at Gillingham on the opening day when Roperā€™s name came over the tannoy- a game where one D. Keates played out of position, on the left wing. It all turned out not too bad though.

Obviously, lightning never strikes twice in the same place, but stillā€¦ summat to cling to.

2 Likes

Remember those times well! Couldnā€™t happen again, though a couple of the trialists look ok.

a useful first half that :wink:

Donovren Daniels apparently one of the trialists?

He was mentioned a few weeks back and would be a very good pick up, more than proven at this level.

Ajax TV put the Villa to shame. Even the commentary is better.

Much better. Trialists look useful. Cookā€™s confidence should get a mossive boost, looks like a player that will score given service like that consistently. Zeli is a pleasure to see in full flow. Just hope the injuries arnā€™t piling up. Looked like Brewit with the quality cross unless Iā€™m mistaken

Decent performance. Cook is majestic in the air, that was a good goal. Ajax whatever eleven they may be are playing really nice football but we are keeping our shape. Like it. Hope springs eternal. Is that allowed?

Yes, I think youā€™re right, it looked like Tom Brewitt with the cross. He looks a useful player.

Roberts on anyway!