Ajax Amsterdam (H) Thu 19th July, 7.45pm

Seems Tom Egert is another Trialist.
Czech defender, Burton signed him in February but not sure he played for them.

Tomas Egert (Czech centre half) rumoured to be another trialist.

Cracking sliding tackle from Cockerill-Mollett a few minutes ago, & then one of the trialists forced a decent save from the Ajax keeper.

If we sign Donerven Daniels does that officially count as getting one over Rochdale?:grinning:
Loving Cook in the air.

1 Like

I donā€™t think my broadband can cope with the pictures and the chat feed. Darenā€™t try and turn it off-Kim Jong un is posting in it.

Maz looked good since he came on.

looking realy good at the moment, tight at the back and looking good going forward :grinning:

Loving Cook.

2-0.

That boy Cook doesnā€™t muck about :slight_smile:

No 25 has had decent moments at both ends.

i just knew we were going to warm to cooky :heart_eyes:

Weā€™ve been excellent. Weā€™ve conceded possession but look really solid and organised. If I had to sign trialists based on tonightā€™s performances Iā€™d offer them all a contract now

2 Likes

JB will probably want to give them a seasonā€™s long trial.

Reckon we could get Cookie to play in a George Andrews wig?

ā€¦and a Newcastle shirt under the Walsall one?

1 Like

we won :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

some of their players didnā€™t look like they expected to lose that

Weā€™re officially better than Ajax.

25 looked a player sign him up!!!

1 Like

Much better from Cook too

Watched on YouTube with glorious Dutch commentary. Pleased at how solid we looked. Cook looks like heā€™s going to be a favourite and he should have bags of confidence with that brace, both good finishes.

Pinch of salt as with all friendlies (including the other 3 weā€™ve played) but flashes of something decent emerging, provided we secure more signings.

just how strong was their team tonight? and how did the dingles get on with their other side?