Ajax Amsterdam (H) Thu 19th July, 7.45pm

Saying all that though he really should have scored that header earlier on. The second bad miss of the preseason after the Rushall open goal.

Not even going to lie I completely forgot he went off so early so youā€™re probably right

Didnā€™t he pick up a knock?

I thought he did, Iā€™m sure he was down for a bit.

Ah didnā€™t notice that, fair enough.

Read on Twitter last night he was took off due to a slight niggle. Precaution obviously.

He didnā€™t take as much of a knock as the photographer.

1 Like

Well, I went last night expecting to see at least 2 goals going in without reply. And I certainly did, but not from the side I expected!
A thoroughly enjoyable game. We kept our shape at the back, looked lively in attack - rode our luck at times but ended up worthy winners.
Our crosses into the box looked dangerous AND there was someone in the box to attack those crosses - thereā€™s a novelty.
The coming week is a vital one now to get the signings we need - over to you Deanā€¦

Quick mention for Maz Kouyhar who has impressed me in every pre-season game Iā€™ve seen, a lovely bit of quick feet and two footed-ness for the second goal too.

1 Like

Have to agree with that. He looks better every game I see him.
Sangha looks a yard off the pace and needs a loan spell to play against some men.
I was also very impressed with Parker when he came on. Iā€™d not seen him before.

1 Like

Thought Maz was great aswell. Wouldnā€™t have an issue with him starting first game.

Youā€™d like to think his emergence in last six months would give Morris a bit of a wake up call.

1 Like

Lots of doom and gloom comments on Youtube from Ajax fans. Liked this one (courtesy of Gurgle translate):

"This is relegation football this year. Not winning wolverhampton and even losing a football league 1 team ā€¦
"

2 Likes

I know a few Ajax fans. They are realistic, they played a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  team that has invested big money and they played a mostly (good) young team against us. Hardly relegation football, I think its basically impossible for them to get relegated from that league anyway, considering their youth team won the league below. Slight overreactionā€¦

i donā€™t think that they played that bad tbh, i was just impressed that we won. we rode our luck at times and they hit the bar, to me it seemed like a good old fashioned british cup game with a lower league team playing against a higher league team, and the lower league team playing out of their skin to win :grin:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what it was like.

1 Like

They looked good to me too. But Youtube comments are YouTube comments, I just liked the fact someone was disappointed at not beating the Ginger Gits, even if they did win a friendly 60 odd years ago which qualifies them as the first European Champions.
Shame Ajax reserves canā€™t enter the Checkatrade Trophy.

2 Likes

What Iā€™ve liked and what hasnā€™t been mentioned is the 2 17 year old youth team players who have played the pre season games and done really well. Thereā€™s definitely some talent coming through

1 Like

One of them is my cousin on my old mans side, Luke Little.

1 Like