Ajax friendly!

Great news be going to this.

Fixed that for you! :grin:

Good on the club securing this, I get the feeling the dingles probably had this friendly but can’t use Molineux so we’ve capitalised and put ourselves in the picture.

I know it’ll be a development team but it will be a good chance to get a good crowd and if you are potentially going to loose I’d rather it be the dutch champions then villa or albion again.

Like a few have mentioned,I haven’t bothered with attending pre-season friendlies for the past few seasons. However, I will glory-hunt & go to this game.
Ajax are one of my fave foreign sides of all time. It’s a shame that they have become a victim of the greed leagues. A truly storied club that the likes of Chelsea, Man City & PSG can never be compared.

2 Likes

Never mind all this foreign nonsense…when’s the Solihull game happening? :grinning:

1 Like

As others have said, this makes a nice change and I too may break my many a year absence from home friendlies.

I’m really intrigued by the supporter logistics. Ajax will bring a few hundred thirsty fans. If possible they will want to see both games. There will also be a few thousand ■■■■■■ fans who would want to attend the afternoon game. If the Ajax fans are on an all day drinking and football mission then I’m sure some ■■■■■■ fans will join them. Then our lot will start rocking up for the evening game.

Hmm. Fun.

And here’s to a return mission next summer.

…organised by Pro Soccer Consulting Limited. Is there no end to the talents of sun tan man? :sunglasses:

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2018/june/pre-season-friendly-tickets-on-sale/

Strange allocation of tickets for the Ajax game. There must be a wedding on :joy:

£6 for ■■■■■■ fans and £12 for Walsall… I’d love to hear the explanation.

Probably because it’s a midweek afternoon game most likely to be attended by itinerants and their bored kids.

Still the purpose of allowing other teams to use our pitch is to maximise revenue, otherwise it’s pointless.

…and I’m guessing the club decided, if it was even within their control, that the £6 ticket would do just that!

Dan Mole pointed out on Twitter that there are different ‘revenue share agreements’ with each club that effect ticket pricing for each friendly.

Is that code for ‘we charge more when the opposition want paying?’ As in, Villa and Ajax want their £6 a head too?

Non plussed at the call to pack the place for the home friendlies. Shove ‘em. Ajax haven’t been any better than say Burnley for years, and I wouldn’t think twice about a friendly against them or the like. An utter waste of time and cash for us supporters. Fans called for a tour, not different home opposition. Much more likely to go to Rushall or Cheltenham, but after a dog mess waste of time at Chester last pre-season I think I’ll pass on these marvellous footballing showpieces.

Imagine there isn’t usually much of a revenue share when we play Villa, just a decent payday for Walsall and a convenient friendly venue for their supporters. This year however, they might be looking to share the gate receipts…

Yes but as fans what do WE get out of the revenue? Like most things in bonzo world it will probably pay for his next trip to Cyprus.And we get a new kettle for the training ground facilities.

1 Like

Personally I’d hide the petty cash tin the day they turn up.

4 Likes

They’ll be stripping out the iron railings on the retail park…

I wonder if we could persuade them to smash the bogs up like they did at blues? Bonzo could claim on the insurance policy then and we would end up with some decent facilities :pray:t3::joy:

1 Like

Just seen that we have given permission for villa to play West Ham at the Bezla now? Why are we hosting these games? What is stopping villa from hosting their own friendlies ?