Alex Nicholls

Summer triallist becomes caretaker manager at Stourbridge. Good luck to him!

5 Likes

Interesting. Where did Gary Hackett go, he was their manager for ages and part of their great cup runs in recent times.

1 Like

Left last year after 16 years. Not sure if he’s taken another job since.

1 Like

Lovely lad is Alex, i remember my old mate ross telling me about him stopping for them on his way back from a game, they had run out of petrol and he went to get them some :grin:

6 Likes

Made a decent career for himself as a solid league 2 striker.

3 Likes

Shame he had that nasty leg break at Northampton when he was scoring a lot of goals.

4 Likes

Broke his leg twice I think, once with us and once with Northants. Not sure if it was the same leg.

I always liked him, he worked hard, bit of pace. I think he’s played a lot as a winger rather than an out and out striker.

2 Likes

My nephew has just left Alvechurch, because the new manager longy has just left Stourbridge,and has come in with his own backroom staff, and they can’t afford 2 golakeeping coaches, and he has asked Alex for a job, he should know by the end of the week :smiley:

1 Like

It’s a bit of a merry-go-round isn’t it? Kris Taylor has been at Romulus, Walsall Wood and Chasetown so far this season!

1 Like

Yep it is, he isn’t bitter about it to be honest, he said the chairman was gutted to have to let him go, he even rang around a few other clubs to try to get him in, but no one is taking on at this time because it’s near the end of the season, but they are in the relegation zone and the chairman thinks that longy can save them, and he want’s to bring his own team with him, the thing is, my nephew stayed loyal to them when Byfield left, even though it was a right jaunt from brownhills a couple of times a week.

Update, my nephew didn’t get the job at Stourbridge, has gone to Boldmere instead, he said they have come on leaps and bounds with the new chairman and they are in ascendancy, and thinks they will get promoted next season :smile: On the plus side @RedandWhite it’s not far to go for a beer together :grin:

2 Likes

Sutton Coldfield … we ain’t going to walk / crawl there and back are we ? :rofl:

1 Like

Cracking set up at Boldmere, nice ground and a good bar, too. One of my favourite non league clubs. .

1 Like

Yes he spent the day there today and said it’s a lovely set up, he was due to go to Highgate today to be interviewed but their game was called off, so he went to watch one of the keepers he once coached at Alvechurch, and they offered him the job, happy days :+1:

2 Likes

We’ll have to organise something then mate , what we need … old Hereford scarfs :thinking:

3 Likes