All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

#AnnounceEboue

1 Like

:joy: If only you were joking!

You’re looking for the Bre-xit threads @AFKALS :wink:

Bent scored 2 goals for Burton last season, why couldn’t we try to sign him?

Because I’d imagine he’ll demand wages which exceed what we can afford for one player.

Unless we’re trying to shoehorn him into a player-coach role I can’t see it. All a bit too ‘Simeon Jackson’ for my liking.

Why would we need someone like that? Our hotshot, prolific striker Baka scored…well, almost scored…well, played in a Walsall shirt, lots…

:slight_smile:

To be honest, I wouldn’t sign Bent. Sounds like a big time charlie to me, but if Keates wanted him he can try (indeed his wages would probably eat up 90% of the budget). I’d rather spend a bit of money to get a good scorer in League 2; Billy Kee/Mohamed Eisa types.

Hasn’t Eisa already been snapped up by a Championship outfit? Sure I saw a report in a paper or two.

This is the latest I found: Mohamed Eisa: Cheltenham Town turn down offer from unnamed club for striker - BBC Sport

There were rumours Cheltenham turned down a £1M bid…

Yes ok, bad example…but you get the idea. Someone in the mould of Cook, proven goalscorer at lower level, perhaps a bit more pacy! Maybe someone we need to spend our magical 100k on. These players are obviously very hard to come by.

Makes you wonder how far down the pyramid you have to scout now to find a real gem - I’m sure we would have had to pay 200k plus for Cook if he wasn’t nearing the end of his contract, so where are the 0-25k bargains? In the EvoStick or the WM Regional Leagues?

Or (for a bit more cash) playing in the Portuguese third division…

1 Like

Cyprus!

1 Like

I doubt the Halford rumour I heard is true myself- but this is the only part of the year we can even be slightly optimistic before the season starts and we all fall back to Earth (even Zaya Khan will! :grinning: )

Greg Halford has tweeted that he would relish going back to Portsmouth.

At least 4 more signings still needed for me 2 centre backs a centre mid and another striker

Add a winger and another striker to that.

Any injury to Cook/Bakayoko and we’d have literally nothing.

Need atleast four first team strikers.

The Express and Star have a piece on Rowett’s comments about loaning us a player after Kory’s injury - says they’re happy to loan out Harry Souttar or Ryan Sweeney.