All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Regan Poole linked today, 20 year old CB from Man. United. Was at Northampton last season.

I wonder what happened to Northampton last season?!!

According to wiki he’s been playing more as a midfielder than cb

Is Doug Tharme the Wrexham centre back we’ve been linked to making cash offers for this summer?

Seems Barnsley have decided against taking him.

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/16379204.doug-tharme-ready-to-take-chance-with-wrexham-afc-after-move-to-barnsley-falls-through/

No we are interested in their captain Shaun Pearson who previously played for Grimsby. Aged 29.

Think there’s a chance for a deal for Pearson still to happen.

Cheers dude.

And it’s still anyone’s guess, seemingly Keates included, who’ll be playing RCB come Plymouth on Saturday!

Noticed that Harry Souttar has gone on tour with Stoke’s first team after earning praise from Rowett in an article dated July 18th, so he must now be ahead of Ryan Sweeney in their pecking order. Also noticed Tyrese Campbell (son of Kevin), is earning rave reviews, scored twice at Newport for Stoke U 23’s yesterday. Pace to burn and a great finisher apparently, wouldn’t mind getting these two on loan, got to rate Rowett’s judgement. In the article they mention possible loan moves. I think we need someone with pace to play off Cook.

Article here…Harry Souttar and Tyrese Campbell impressing new Stoke City boss - Stoke-on-Trent Live

2 Likes

Rumour circulating on social media we’ve been after hiwula but won’t pay anywhere near what he’s currently on.

Hiwula had his contract extended by Hudds ( why I don’t know, he’s spent the entirety of his previous three years there out on loan, and at approaching 24 is a half-decent league one player, but a million miles from being Premier league, or even Championship). So presumably any move he makes will be just yet another loan.

Has there ever been a player that has spent their entire career on loan? Hiwula’s giving it a good go, he’s now made 152 (94/58) appearances on loan having never played a full game for either of his parent clubs! One more small piece of evidence, as if it were needed, that the world in 2018 is a complete basket case.

1 Like

Sell-on fee klaxon…

3 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see it! Watford will never sell him- they don’t want to give us best part of £3million.

The £50 Mill they just got for Richarlison should soften the blow somewhat. If they are ever to take a hit on the sell on fee then it should be now.

1 Like

This is talked about every transfer window and never happens we wouldn’t see any benefit anyway don’t forget we had 1.5 million for Henry and around 700k for Bradshaw 2 years ago has anyone noticed a big improvement in the playing budget from those transfers because I haven’t ?

1 Like

It’s déjà vu all over again.

Would you want to give Fat Jeff 3 million?

£3 million would buy a cracking new villa in Cyprus. I hope the transfer goes through - our saviour deserves every penny he takes from our club - he’s my hero!!!

5 Likes

I mean, not ideal but has played League one games which already puts him above the nobody we have at the moment.

In today’s news: nothing.

1 Like

Hiwula has signed for Coventry for an undisclosed fee [Jordy Hiwula: Coventry City sign Huddersfield Town striker for undisclosed fee - BBC Sport]