All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Sh-tttttt!

Wasn’t that last time? :nerd_face:

Rumours of two incoming loans today, and one departure :eyes:

1 Like

From Twitter:

Tommo ‏ @Tommowba 11m11 minutes ago Walsall feeling the benefit of our youth system again!! #wba 1 reply . 0 retweets 1 like

Rumours of Fitzwater and Kane Wilson from Albion coming.

Also rumblings that Baka may be off…

You just know Baka will go and score goals elsewhere. Martin Butler, Clive Platt, Karl Hawley…

Wonder if the earlier talk of Championship clubs interested in him is proving true. I think he looked good in pre-season when he was running channels as opposed to having the ball lumped up to him.

As annoyed as I am by the club, this last minute stuff is mildly exciting.

Oh yeah he’s absolute class!

(Everybody else is saying things in the hope that some club reads it and takes him off our hands too, right?)

1 Like

Good and class are two different things - I think he will do well when paired with another striker and I would have given him this season to prove it. I’m not doubting the last two seasons he has been dire, but he was playing most of the time as a lone striker which clearly wasn’t suited to him.

Meh. If somebody wants him I’ll piggy back him there myself. Useless.

Another CB coming in at Albion in the shape of Man City youngster Tosin Adarabioyo so you’d think that Fitzwater could be a distinct possibility.

have to agree , he’s had another pre-season to prove his worth.

lets just face it, he isn’t very good!

I’ve never seen an out and out striker so poor at finishing. Ok everybody misses some, but just this preseason I’ve seen him miss an absolute sitter at Rushall and he should have scored against Ajax (albeit during a game he actually played pretty well for half an hour). I still see that Oldham chance from the first home game of last season in my nightmares and I bet he does too. That’s half the problem, his confidence looks shot and he’s never going to get that back here because the fans are so exasperated with him, and rightfully so.

Get busy with the Fizzzy :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Unless we get another 2 strikers in today I wouldn’t let him leave

Having 2 strikers who know they’re going to be playing week in, week out with no competition or cover is no good so on that basis alone I’d keep him

1 would do for me to sell Baka. We’d be in no worse a position we are in now.

To be fair I thought he was really good against Ajax before he went off. I wouldn’t say one good 30 minute appearance equates to a good pre season though. Saying that, given our shocking depth I’d keep him. He is pretty ■■■■ though.

In defence of Baka, he’s played two seasons as a lone striker in a team that struggled to create chances. That said, when an opportunity comes he does have a habit of fluffing them (unless playing Sheffield United or in the Tinpot Trophy).

1 Like

That’s my point, lone striker or not his finishing at times has been woeful. Doesn’t matter what role you are playing if you can’t finish a sneeze.

1 Like