All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

As I said last night happy if it’s Fitzwater coming back, it just seems a very logical move to me. Put it this way Walsall could do a lot worse.

I guess people will moan about the last minute nature of things but think DK will come out and say he was his number 1 CB target and so was prepared to wait all summer for him to come available to try to quell the unrest.

Interesting on Baka. Guess that’s why he didn’t feature at Cheltenham. I would guess at interest from Ipswich as they’re signing lots of league 1-2 players atm.

Need two strikers in then as just Cook backed up by whole bunch of kids.

Agree Fitzwater is the best fit, but we’re basically making a last ditch move to put together the same back four we ended last season with.

I’d take Fitzwater if nothing else is available. Knows the club. Knows DK’s way of playing. We all know he’s a good player. Solid signing but I’d rather have permanent experience in that position.

I’d be chuffed if we’ve actually bought him.

1 Like

Fitzwater? He’s just signed a new contract with them. Can’t see it myself.

Well there’s one. Another at 11:15 I believe

Also after a striker from non-league at the moment

Well he’s just arrived on loan :wink:

Done deal - year long loan.

Another at 11:15, and a striker from Borehamwood is potentially in, Morgan Ferrier

Is this the lad who had all the controversy with his agent etc?

Yep it is

I went to watch randomly Boreham Wood v Arsenal a few weeks back (Mother supports Arsenal as well as following Walsall in last 10 years) and they had a quick black striker who kept skinning Bellerin so will check if he played. Thought at the time he looked much more useful than Baka!

He was at Palace as a youth. Tranmere were close to signing him I think, which would make it all the more amusing.

11:15 as promised

You have to admit, there’s a certain irony to a Walsall signing arriving with the “poundland” sign hovering above his head. Let us know if you find Harry Redknapp lurking in the car-park.

1 Like

12pm - Ferrier

1 Like

Must be a fee as the Wood only signed him from Dagenham in February.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42973754

Has a 35k release clause apparently…

£35K release clause according to reports

Correct