All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Ferrier and Cook would compliment each other well, just whether they can make the step up

Question is, do we need to flog Baka first?

Would be a bizarre turnaround for him to now sign.

Certainly our front two would be handful - if a little raw. But I kinda like that, rather than the same old injury prone journeyman.

Baka hasnt really featured much pre-season, I am surprised he hasnt already departed.

Coventry and Bristol Rovers rumoured to be sniffing.

apparently Boreham Wood turned down a 35k offer from Wimbledon as they had already accepted a higher bid from Tranmere so we must have offered a bit more than 35k

Surely if its a release clause, the whole point is the club can’t turn it down?

£35,000 and 10 pence

They can if they have already accepted a higher offer

It’s the sell on clause they didn’t agree too. £35k would be accepted

Incoming…

I don’t think they’ll have that trouble with us!:money_mouth_face:

Part of a very successful Boreham Wood side last season. Their other forward Bruno Andrade left earlier this summer and signed for Lincoln - rumours suggested we had been after him too.

What type of player is Ferrier? Looks pacey and strong.

" The Wood have since confirmed they have, in the last week, turned down a bid for Ferrier from League One outfit AFC Wimbledon because the approach did not meet the clauses outlined in the striker’s contract and was considerably less than the offer made by Tranmere."

From here …
http://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/sport/16371521.morgan-ferrier-boreham-wood-issue-statement-criticising-players-agent-for-aggressive-negotiation-tactics/

Signed
Undisclosed fee!

£35k definitely

• a 20% sell on.

We will have given more than that. That’s why they wouldn’t sell him to Tranmere and anyone else. They wanted a bigger sell on.

They agreed the move to tranmere, if you read their club website. The move was rejected by the player and his recently appointed agent. The player and his agent then agreed a deal with AFC Wimbledon but the club would not accept it because the sell on was less than the 20% that they had agreed with Tranmere.
The players agent was then in a hissy fit because he wasn’t getting as much and threatened to sue the club.
The club then were going to sue the player and his agent for breach of contract.
Ferrier then realised that his agent was shafting him and went back to his old agent.

All of this is explained in detail on the clubs website.

Yeah I saw that. Maybe they’ve done it at 20% but wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve gone a bit higher to secure.