All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Him going would be the right move for both him and the club. Good luck to him.

1 Like

Should definitely be another CF coming in before the windows close, possibly two, as we saw when Ferrier went off today, we had no options left on the bench apart from two very young inexperienced forwards who need sending out on loan, then had to push Zeli up front, playing two up front, needs another decent quality CF on the bench, especially with Bakka going, and possibly a younger loanee too.

I don’t see how Bakayoko would get in this team. Cook and Ferrier look a great pairing up front and they’ve only just linked up. I thought Parker had a great pre-season and Candlin is one for the future.

Heard a rumour today that Candlin is going out on loan next week

Problem is a nice little pre season friendly strolls are nothing like the intensity of a league one match, like todays, which was a humdinger by the way and very entertaining, I think Parker may well have struggled, that’s probably why Keates didn’t bring him on

That is just what Candlin needs at the moment. A season in the National League would be perfect for his development.

Where’s Candlin going?

Don’t know, was just told a loan move is in the offing, also told a CM will be signing soon, possibly early next week, I would think to replace Chambers, so he can sit on the bench and be used in the last 20 mins of games if needed, if fit of course, he clearly wasn’t today, and his age us beginning to show.

In the wind :grin:

3 Likes

:joy:

Just watched Joe Masi’s video on the E&S website. Bakayoko could be confirmed as early as Monday, says the extension was triggered with a view to selling. Also says Keates is looking for more signings in CM. I would still like to see another CB as well as CM and another striker to replace Bakayoko, especially if Candlin is going out on loan.

1 Like

See Inman scored twice for Rochdale yesterday, really wish we’d managed to sign him.

Should have signed Inman when he was free.

I shall don my tin hat but while OIlie Shenton on loan from the Potters to fill the midfield berth seems more likely, could we ask Mr Rowett if we can take Charlie Adam on loan? Nowhere near the first team squad at Stoke and could do a great job in league one. Imagine how Dobson could learn from a wily old pro like Adam! I may be wrong but I recall WFC having Kevin MacDonald back in the day and he helped a young midfielder called Edwards if I recall correctly? Sadly, injury cut short a very promising career if I remember rightly…

I would think Shenton is on DK’s list, having played 17 times for Wrexham, and may well be signed on loan as extra midfield back up, but he’s not the player I have been told is joining us.

The player concerned is not a young player like Shenton he is in his mid twenties and was released by his club this summer, a southern Premiership team, didn’t play many games for them, but has spent a lot of time on loan, last season in league one, season before championship, so has plenty of experience.

Played against us last season having spent the season on loan and is a very imposing player and ran the game at our place.

I was told he will be signing at some point this week.

Rohan Ince maybe? Always liked him when I saw him play - big, strong and can carry the ball well. Sure I’ve saw him score a few screamers in his time too.

On loan at Bury last season and been on loan at Fulham in the past.

1 Like

I thought someone might guess who it was, source sounded pretty sure it was a done deal.

6’3" and built like Osborne only a lot younger and he can also play centre half, which apparently swung the deal.

Yes he played really well against us, I reckon he will be Chambers replacement this season, even more important with Chambers going off on Saturday, I dont think he was fit from the off and didnt take part in the open trainiing day as far as I could see.

2 Likes

Hopefully so - good that he can play in a few positions. Was on Chelsea’s books as a youngster.

Would be happy to see him score a few like this if he signs on.

Yeah I watched that video as soon as I got back from the game on Saturday when checking up on him.

I think Paul Ince is his uncle.

I remember him having a superb match against us for Bury last season, we could not get the ball off him.

Just the sort of player we need in Central Midfield to play alongside Gorgeous George, and we also have Joe Edwards to come back into the team at some point.

1 Like

According to news reports he was on trial at Charlton but has left due to a knee injury so that may put a hold on any transfer.