All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Was just about to put the same.

But any midfielder in the mould of Ince/Osbourne would be a good addition.

This news came via the Express and Dingle’s Masi.

There is a piece from Masi just been released this morning with Keates saying he is hoping for a couple of permanent signings before Thursdays deadline and the midfield area is one of the positions he is looking at, as well as a replacement for Bakka.

I would also expect a couple more loans before the August 31 deadline, surely we will take advtantage of Rowetts offer, I would go for Souttar, unless Egert is still in the background

Coventry were in for Baka before Bristol Rovers so I can see him going there over Bristol.

Candlin may be leaving on a permanent yet, wait and see on that one.

Who’s in for Candlin?

Not entirely sure which way it’s headed, whether leaving perm or on loan.

I know that recently teams including Southampton, Brighton and Leeds have been interested. Last season, Spurs and West Ham

1 Like

If its permanent we better be asking them for 1m+ based on the crazy money these teams pay for absolutely average players.

Justin Shaibu has joined Boreham Wood on loan…

Makes you realise how ■■■■ a signing he was.

Fitzwater aside, we really did spend that transfer window in the bargain bins.

2 Likes

Don’t know if it has already made mentioned, but they have signed Billy Clifford too.

Thinking of Clifford, wonder what his mate Milan is doing at the minute.

I understood he had been invited for a pre season trial.

from what I’ve heard we offered a trial, but he said he has already justified himself a contract with the club.

1 Like

Maybe might have got away with that under the clown Witney.

Not with Keatsey though

Leave him to it then. Don’t think i’ve heard of him getting a new club yet.

I’d love to see Osbourne back he’d be perfect with dobbo in the centre still a free agent as well.

1 Like

A bit of a cuvelier type risk for me, like you say a good player on his day but can we afford for him to come and break down after a few games, then having him sat on his ■■■■ for the rest of the season?, anyway he probably wouldn’t come after the way bonser and the club treated him last time, i know warehouse men that were on more than him.

I wouldn’t have Osbourne back…he clearly wasn’t good enough at our level. I also cannot believe he was only on £350 per week.

I don’t think he’ll be back given him outing that £350 figure.

I’m pretty confident that whilst that may have been his basic wage that he’d have been on a significant pay/win bonus given his injury record.

If this is the case, our hierarchy not only won’t be happy with him publicly moaning about his deal with us but also the negative slant he has applied.

2 Likes

Osborne clearly not good enough at our level? Is this a joke?

He was clearly a talented league one player but was injury prone which has hampered his career.

I don’t think we should sign him back but to say he was not up to standard is simply wrong

2 Likes

Yep, he really must have been, he’s joined the team we just signed Ferrier from :roll_eyes: