All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Spot on P.T. People who use this £350 a week to berate the club are conveniently forgetting his history. Were it not for Whitney, I suspect he wouldn’t have played at league level again (same with Mantom) and a sensible club, looking at his record and the fact we’d paid him for 12 months to sit in the stands, would give a very low basic with very high incentives. That’s how I imagine the deal was structured. As it is, the fact that he couldn’t get another club at this level and ended up near the foot of the next division says a lot about him and his talents.

Bury fans love him!

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/30804-laurent-and-ince-get-out-of-my-club-you-pair-of-shysters/&tab=comments#comment-594100

Still club has taken many players who’'e failed at previous clubs and got good games out of them so will reserve judgement until he plays a few.

Latest rumour is that we’re looking to get Manny Smith from Wrexham! :open_mouth:
Yes our Manny Smith :open_mouth:
Smith must be looking at him as a bench warmer in case of injury to Guthrie or Fizzy.:pray:

Loved Manny while he was here, used to have a few chats with his dad a lovely fellow, but sentiment apart i don’t think he would be up to league 1 standard now?

Well he hasn’t done much since he left us has he?

Tend to agree with that…as a bench warmer ok but if either of the others got long term injuries I would be worried.

1 Like

As a head it kick it CB he was alright…terrible technique though and doubt that’s improved given he’s played at lower levels since.

Find Manny Smith a wholly unappealing transfer target, we can do better surely?

1 Like

The difficulty is finding someone who’s good AND willing to sit on the bench. The 2 don’t just sit together well.

Is there anyone out there who can play centre midfield but drop in at centre back if required?

Probably out of our price range but I’d love Mark Davies. Only 30, played 100+ games in the Championship and comes from Willenhall.

Davies has been without a club for over a year and hadn’t played for longer than that. I’m not sure if he’s retired?

Was he last at Bolton?

Yes think so

Hasn’t played a game since August 2016. Had a couple of really bad injuries at Bolton. and was released at the end of his contract in June 2017.

Talk of Bradshaw going to Millwall. What percentage is the clubs sell on clause?

‘undisclosed’?

2 Likes

Slight disappointment that no more signings have been forthcoming so far this week. Attack wise we have the most exciting forwards in Walsall shirts for a VERY long time, really looking forward to see Ferrier bombing forward and attacking defenders, how we have wished for that for so long, instead of a slow lump up front continuously doing bugga all.
But defence wise, currently we are likely to let more in than we can score at the other end, even with Roberts flinging himself about!
Without a skeleton a body will just flop, even if there is a brain at the top end.

Would like to see a strong attacking midfielder
Another striker and cb

As foreshadowed , Rohan Ince would be a great signing. Class player.