All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

As a backup striker/option on the wing probably not a bad punt.

He brings out the best in non-league goalkeepers. There’s some proper howler filth in these clips if you’re in to that sort of thing. Ooooh bumpy pitches on a cold Monday night.

I wonder if he is flash?

Gordon’s Alive!

Would be a good option from the bench. Sell Bakayoko for 200k and bring in Cook, Ferrier and Gordon. Unreal business from Keates.

1 Like

Our last two acquisitions from north of the border don’t fill me full of confidence…

Dundee is a bit higher level than Ayr

Not so keen on Gordon. I’d rather us bring someone in permanently with a bit more experience. Use the money from Bakayoko (although I am fully aware that it’s probably in ridiculously small installments).

Issue is, who wants to sit on the bench that we would pay 100k for? Presumably he has promised Cook and Ferrier that, unless they are playing poorly, they are first teamers. I would go with this and, if it doesnt work out, consider a loan signing in Jan.

Meh I’d rather we got a loan in to sit on the bench and signed a permanent centre mid to be honest. We are very thin there. Personally wouldn’t mind seeing us bulk the squad up with the 3 more loans we are allowed. I think it’s the only way any manager is going to be able to do that at Walsall.

1 Like

Presumably that is still the plan, still get in a midfielder and defender.

I dunno, just doesn’t excite me at all this.

https://twitter.com/TakinTheBiscuit/status/1027260298313572354

The absolute perfect signing for me. I’d have bet my house on him being out of our budget but Gillingham?! Surely worth enquiring simply based on that?

1 Like

What a signing that would be.

1 Like

I would definitely “goaffer” him.

I am also expecting a centre midfielder in today and a total of 3 new players at least before the end of the month so I think the squad will look decent by September.

I am feeling very confident at the moment.

1 Like

You know what… so am i :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does this mean you might actually come to some home games then? :wink:

2 Likes

Me too! Obviously Deano had his targets and it looks like he’s got some pretty good signings, things definitely on the up, like the Saddlers will be!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: nice try, never say never :wink:

1 Like