All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Lots of comparisons to Graydon’s first season. And rightly so.

One area where Keates is at a disadvantage to Sir Ray is the change in loan rules. Graydon was able to loan players when the need arose. And with such a thin squad that was vital. The early departure of Peron, Brissett’s erratic form/ disciplinary record and Watson having injury and consistency issues our left sided player and Rammell’s strike partner were loanees for pretty much the whole season. Simpson, Lambert, Mavrak, Steiner, Otta, Siggy plus maybe one or two I’ve forgotten . Keates doesn’t have the same “as and when” luxury. He more or less has to do it on a risk led basis. Where “might” we need cover rather than where do we need cover.

Centre back looks like the obvious area to place a bet and I think Forde isn’t a bad shout (effectively taking Khouyar spot as part of the rotating four wingers). If I were being greedy I’d like a central midfielder too. But it is a complete gamble.

I see that devante Cole has gone on loan to Burton - I would have had a look to take him

maybe deano looked at him? and wage demands procluded him?

The loan market closes at 5:00pm this afternoon, although players need to be signed by midday if they are to play tomorrow.
Get that pen out Keatsy!:writing_hand:

McCarthy signed for Wycombe a while back

Well if we were going to sign a CD from Villa on loan it’s just looked less likely as Steve Bruce thinks the signing of French defender Harold Moukoudi is unlikely to happen.

Looks like the record deal has been put on hold then.

Dan Vann to Matlock on loan - a centre back.
Does this herald a centre back coming to us in the next hour I wonder?

Mitch Candlin gone to Blackburn on loan with a view to permanent.

Strange move…Blackburn must have offered silly money in my view.

Yep, thats a weird one. I thought he was well thought of at the club - has considerable money been offered I wonder?

That realy doesn’t make sense?

If they have offered more than DK thinks he is worth than surely it does make sense .

He has played for England U18s so he would have been on the radar of bigger clubs. .

Maybe DK rates Parker more highly

The infuriating thing is we will probably never be told how much? so it is hard to ascertain if it is a good deal or not?

Can’t say I’m bothered by Candlin. Good record in the kids teams but I’ve never seen anything from him in his (in all fairness limited) game time.

I’m not expecting him to be knocking in goals for fun, but he never looked especially quick, strong or technically gifted.

At least 1 signing about to be announced

Maybe not so much of an anticlimax after all?

Qui est?

New player

Well it’s not

Not sure he met the clue of having his contract terminated, but saw his name mentioned previously.

Russell Martin released by Norwich :wink:

L