Another one walks

Agreed. Look at Michael Ricketts getting slaughtered years ago and moved to Bolton under better coaching and gets a England cap. Troy Deeney moved on and has had a great career as has Scott Dann and Danny Fox as well as others. Kinsella could move to Ipswich prove his worth and potentially go again.

2 Likes

All that says something about us.

1 Like

That we were a decent club for players to learn their trade before moving on to bigger and better things in their careers?

Notwithstanding the fact we don’t get the best price for those players when we inevitably sell them!

1 Like

Plus we sometimes don’t always see what qualities some of these players have.

Those you mentioned are all either full internationals or in the cases
of Dann and Deeney could maybe consider themselves unlucky not be called up at various points in their careers

Kinsella could indeed potentially prove his worth and go again (and I hope he does as I like it when our ex-players go on to do well) but I’m not sure he’s a future international player, or would be very close to being one, to be in the same ‘potential’ category as those.

1 Like

Kinsella is also only 25 still (despite having been around for years!) so maybe clubs see he is young enough but experienced enough to have in their squad, see some qualities beneficial to them and a few years of him would be him at ‘his peak’ maybe.

2 Likes

What would you take for kinsella? What’s he even worth

A place on the pitch at the very least :wink:

3 Likes

Haha while very true other clubs will look at him as a part player for a poor league 2 side and would pay accordingly

1 Like

Probably 100k but he’s worth a lot more than that to us .

What contract is he on - is it till the end of next season? (I seem to recall 2023 but could be wrong). If he has 18 months left and he is really wanted then surely it shouldn’t be less that 150k (not that I wouldn’t want more but that I think is the min WFC would jump at)

Thats right, summer 2023. Signed a new, 2 and a half year contract in Jan 2021.

Ok fair enough… better examples;- Matty Fryatt, Jamie Paterson, Anthony Gerrard, Elijah Adebayo, Rico Henry…

Given that, we should be asking for a significant fee. This is Walsall though :joy:

1 Like

Undisclosed

3 Likes

Yes, as I said…

…and he could very well become a better player with better coaching and better players around him.

My surprise is more an ambitious top end L1 club coming in for him now, when he has been in and out of a mid table L2 team this season.

Kayden Jackson has six months left on his contract at Ipswich. If we could take £100,000 for Kinsella, Jackson for free on loan (with wages paid) and 25% sell on for Liam, I would take that.

Due to Ipswich’s links with Ed Sheehan, they are loaded so we shouldn’t take the first cash offer of £80,000 because Kinsella would be captain at the Saddlers if it was up to me.

1 Like

That’s due to the Management decisions. In my opinion the lad should be first name in the team sheet.

The new Margaret Ferrier - but not quite as good in the air!

Is she a kite?