Any issues?

With all of the positivity recently, does anybody have any issues that they would like bringing up at the next WPM?

Yes… is there anything Supporters can do to help with the purchase by the Club of the freehold? Other than turning up in greater numbers!!!

3 Likes

Apart from the big items around the freehold, the obvious matchday issue is the huge bar queues which are unworkable if the club wants people to turn up early and spend their money. What is the plan to solve this?

2 Likes

Maybe a longer term objective, but can we sort out our identity issue.

Stadium sponsored by a Wolverhampton brewery

University of Wolverhampton logos everywhere

The Venue, Birmingham.

All smacks of “Smallsall”.

7 Likes

I have another nasty little rash after giving the dog a bone. :confused:

3 Likes

Revamp stuff in the shop/online shop. Do we peer review our offering at all?

2 Likes

I think they need to address the queues at the bars in the Stadium Suite.
With it being opened up before and after the game it gets very busy now. On top of that the lower oiks are being allowed in whilst the Bescot Bar is revamped so it’s busier still.
Maybe a load of pre-poured pints to get serving and taking money straight away?
They must have an idea of how many they sell every game so it would give them an idea of how much to pre-pour.

3 Likes

…and when will the Bescot Bar refurb be finished?

1 Like

Is the Walsall bird a Swift or a Thrush?

1 Like

I think you are being a little too sensitive on this. The Club needs sponsorship and needs its other commercial activities. LP has emphasised this and wants more income from those sources. The fact is the only large Walsall based company is Homeserve which does sponsor a stand. Also Wolverhampton University has a campus in the town and has just announced a ÂŁ1 million investment into its sports science research site in Walsall. It is also going to run 3 new degrees in sport from that site including a B.Sc in Football Coaching and Performance. I think it is good we have a close relationship with them.
Surely our identity will be enhanced by performing well on the pitch rather than ditching our commercial partners?

7 Likes

When can we expect a free pint.

Maybe I am being sensitive, but identity is something I believe is important to a football club. It’s not all about who pays the most money to name the stadium in my view.

Do you think West Brom would allow The University of Dinglehampton to sponsor one of their stands?

1 Like

Do they need to have a full bar service available in the Stadium Suite? Limit the options available and make the service quicker.

Also, introduce contactless payments at all the kiosks. It’s 2019, shouldn’t be that difficult to set up now.

2 Likes

I agree that identity is important but we do need commercial help in these days when the Premier League and its obscene expenditures is skewing the wage structures of the game beyond all sense. I also don’t have an issue with the said University working with our Club. As to your question clearly the answer is no but we are not WBA.
If we can improve on the pitch and we can improve our communication with fans and we can boost our support then maybe the fact we have these deals may fade into the background where they should be.

2 Likes

If they were in the third or fourth tier with next to no TV cash, of course they would.

2 Likes

Nah, they wouldn’t.
Anyone would think that there are no other options out there.

1 Like

I’m sure you can point out the alternatives to Leigh, so we can rid ourselves of the taint of dingleness…

Go on, then…

1 Like

Oh come on ffs. Don’t act the thicky.
Any road, how do you know that he doesn’t think the same about our identity? This is Boner’s legacy, not his doing.

Really? Really?

Grow up.

[nice edit]

Stop being such a condescending â– â– â– â– .