Anyone got Bonser's number?

In what respect?

I despair I really do :joy: where do you start…

Some of our fans are coming up with various conspiracies or theories about what went on with the take over and I guess we will never really know as we are always kept in the dark. Whether LP is a front man in the style of Mike Lloyd or whether he is paying off the leech, one thing you can be sure of is this mess is all down to the greed of Bonser and his family, who are millionaires to the detriment of this football club. If you can’t see that even now then my god, I’m not religious but I will pray for you!

For me, he started taking the piss to a shockingly open level when the Rico and Bradshaw money went missing and I can’t believe what an easy ride he was given over this. After this he just let the club crumble and a lot of people sat on their hands - that’s the uncomfortable truth. That video of Dean Smith saying Bonser cut the budget when he kept us up by the skin of our teeth is absolutely shocking. Bonser did not deserve Dean Smith - it kept his disgraceful behaviour hidden for longer and made him even more money. Hasn’t done us any good as a club has it?

I would love Bonsers number, and his address…come to mention it!

6 Likes

No money has ever gone “missing”. All money is accounted for through the books. What he’s done is taken millions out in rent through a situation which was worked to his advantage many years ago. He’s subsequently had to put in a couple of million as loans to prop up the business he was taking the rent from. In all likelihood, the Henry and Bradshaw monies were used to prop up the playing budget and then to repay loans. But I reiterate, no money has ever gone missing.

I used to work in HMRC, creative businessmen have ways and means trust me. Not making any accusations here, just saying it as it is!

I know there are question marks over the acquisition of the land and the building of Bescot, but I was a very young lad at the time, so I will leave those with a greater handle on the processes to pick that particular aspect apart. All I know about is the clear asset stripping that went on for the last 10 - 15 years, propped up by Dean Smiths brilliance.

The irony of the “official” or shall we say media presona of Bonser as Walsall FC’s saviour is that Bonser needed Walsall FC a lot more than the other way round. There’s absolutely nothing he could have done in the world of bog-handle manufacturing that could have afforded him the wealth and lifestyle in retirement that Walsall FC has enabled for him thanks to his role as the necessary little local deal maker in the multi-million pound asset strip of Walsall FC, owner of a nice bit of land, Severn Trent Property Ltd owner of a bit of worthless unuseable contaminated land, and GMI construction - erstwthile collaborator with Severn Trent Property and builder of football stands.

5 Likes

Really? Jeff Bonser owned this club to feather his own nest.

Leigh Pomlett owns this club to free us of Bonser’s regime and to try and give fans what they want (freehold and League One football) in a realistic time scale. Pomlett doesn’t have billions in the bank to throw at us. It won’t happen over night and if he could guarantee no bumps in the road then his realistic time scale would be a lot shorter.

Have patience, and back the only guy willing to put his hand in his pocket to boot Bonser out of the door.

7 Likes

I think Bonser’s number is 666. Could be wrong…

4 Likes

Bonser loaned us money , sorry what a joke

It was the clubs own money they where borrowing, whilst being crippled by a payment. To rent the freehold they had stolen from them , he had a master plan which he executed to perfection, and you are now witnessing the back end of his exit strategy, the ramifications of. How he got that freehold and how it will ultimately destroy wfc are yet to manifest themselves, and when they do it will make for sorry reading

3 Likes

Do you want to go back and properly read what I said? It is a FACT that he loaned us money, wherever that money came from.

If you read what I put, I acknowledge that he worked a situation to his very beneficial advantage such that he’s had a huge return on his initial investment.

1 Like

Don’t agree with people saying we need a new start or a new club but this club of ours does need fresh impetus. Hopefully given time, LP will achieve this

There’s no denying that every aspect of the club atm is failing and doesn’t look like it’s going to get any better any time soon, with the previous regime seeming to have ■■■■■■ us over for the foreseeable future

But we’ve been a club that’s been around for over 130 years which is something to be proud of - no matter how much money FGR and Salford have, I guarantee that is something we have over them that they envy - or I know I would

With us clearly not being able to compete with other teams in this division financially which is gutting in itself, now is the time for LP to show what he can do and persuade these potential investors to get on board earlier than planned, else otherwise, it’s wait for the lucky season we have every 10 years (and even our last one didn’t end too well) and hope we don’t leave this division at the other end

He did not loan Walsall football club money from himself. It was self generated money being pumped back into club under the guise of loans

Not illegal granted but immoral in every sense of the word

2 Likes

I wonder why the self proclaimed saviour failed to le d the club money to buy the land ?

Bonser i= CNT

1 Like

The thread was about whether we are financially worse off now than we were under bonsor. We still pay him the rent. So it matters not where the money came from for those loans in terms of this single question. All that matters is whether we have swapped no or low interest loans for much higher interest loans (money from pomlett or his associates) and whether the owner is taking a salary, which the old one wasn’t.

People have been saying for seasons that their only aim was to be rid of bonsor. Now people are complaining that we can’t compete financially. The point needs to be made that our ability to compete may actually have been diminished by the new ownership and that’s the price we have to pay

You could be right but until the accounts are published we won’t know. A lot of what is written on here is speculation and should be taken with a pinch of salt. Personally I am getting a bit bored with all this Bonser stuff . I think it would be good if people could now move on and look ahead. We know LP wants to reunite the Club with the freehold and thinks he can do it. After all the years of angst on here about that the least we can do is give him our support and hope he manages to do it whilst at the same time managing to preserve our status in the league.

1 Like

Or indeed purchase it with the 250 k he recieved from Walsall council. In relation to the ransom strip

I’ll tell yo why, because he had a master plan which he executed to perfection , and people think he loaned Walsall money , the mind boggles it REALY does

1 Like

The £250,000 the club had from Walsall Council in the early nineties was to prevent it going out of business. it was roughly the same time Rimmer was sold and Colin Methven was on the Radio telling fans that Club only had a few weeks to survive. The purchase of the freeload by JB’s pension fund came later (1995 I think) and ,of course, has been the cause of a lot of discontent and rightly so however I think that we ought to get the basic facts right to begin with. Anyway time to move on as I posted above. It is not good for this obsession some have with JB to go on.

1 Like

Sorry mate you are way of the mark it was not given to club to stave of going bust it was a 500 k payment in relation to the ransom strip, with 250 k k going bacjpk to central goverment, the freehold could have been brought at this time. With said money, Bu he waited untill a time when club could joyt afford it and. Brought it via his pension fund, very cute and very contrived plan. , and others. Heavily involved. In the carve up
The two houses that where delapadated and stood eithier side of the. Track that led to back of stadium played a huge part in the deal

I fully agree with you. Some people’s obsession borders on being unwell. The facts are out there and it would be a very generous person who didn’t think our ex owner had done a very nicely deal when his initial investment has been returned many, many times over and continues to be.

But, notwithstanding that, there are very important questions about the here and now which have nothing to do with bonsor, as such, and everything to do with the set up of the new regime and what that means for us as a football club financially.

And it seems I have to repeat…it is FACT that bonsor loaned the club money, it matters not where that money came from

2 Likes

Sorry you are wrong about the £250,000 which was given in the early nineties. That had nothing to do with any ransom strip which I know nothing about. It may be that we are at cross purposes but I can assure you the £250,000 I am talking about was to help save the club. I cannot tell you how I know because that would breach some long standing confidences however I can assure you it happened.

1 Like

No it was not it was for said ransom strip
Bonser admitted this himself when we had our meeting with him as others who are on here who where present at and will confirm

Freehold was availible to purchase at this time, another fact he freely admitted, , but for reasons. We are all now aware of. He refused to use cash for that purpose

He new the retail park could not be developed whilst those two houses stood eithier side of the track and he used them at a later date to broker the deal that saw him purchase freehold via his pension scheme

He fought Walsall council tooth and nail demanding a one million pound fee for said ransom strip, but they would not budge, and as said a fee of 500 k was eventually agreed with wfc receiving 250 k and central goverment receiving the other half

This is all documented and as said was confirmed by bonser himself when we asked why it was not used at time to purchase the freehold , at our meeting with him
His excuse being we where only paying a minimal fee to Severn Trent at that time. And he saw no reason to purchase it then

Whilst all along planning his master plan , which has been detrimental to Walsall FC. Ever since

All this was. Confirmed when I met with representives of Walsall council. When trying to get them to loan the club the money to buy freehold via there own. Ability to lend the money at minimal interest rates, But they had no wish to have any dealings with a certain person. I wonder why