Are you or were you a Stayaway? Poll!

Like many, I got really disillusioned after the fox/dann saga and I was never going back during the malaise of the last few years.
This week’s news has lifted a lot of that gloom, because at the end of the day I’ll always love this club, and were I not now living 400 miles away on the west coast of Scotland (despite the user name) I’m sure I’d be showing my face again.
Hoping to see the positivity really move things forward. UTS !!

2 Likes

Never been a stayaway but the Bonemeister situation has definitely affected the effort I have put in over the past few years, particularly living so far away.

I’m at Bloodstock next weekend which is about an hour away from The Bezzla. May have a ride over, providing I can get back in time for Cradle of Filth.

3 Likes

Hopefully it won’t be a Cradle of filth on the pitch…:man_dancing:

loving how many new members this site has had in the last few days too!

5 Likes

That’s a sign that people are more likely to start going to the match again,
if they start taking an interest in fans sites.

3 Likes

Been and renewed 2 season tickets this morning. I wasnt going again after 55 years of supporting them after last season , I vowed that I wasnt going again while bonser was in charge. The new chairman coupled with an ambitious manager and a clear out of the dross players that were there has persuaded me to turn up and give them the support. In Clarke and Pomlett I trust the club is in good hands.

11 Likes

They will soon ■■■■ off after trolling through some of the ■■■■■ and arguments on here :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Not to mention the pedants who pick posters up on every little spelling mistake or slightly incorrect choice of word :grin:

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Poster’s has an apostrophe in it.

2 Likes

:joy: ■■■■

:see_no_evil::rofl::rofl: see what I mean.

3 Likes

It was a Crock of s… last season.

1 Like

Remain to be convinced. Went to about a dozen games last season having done the early bird for aeons before, likely to repeat this. If Pomlett had made the sensible decision to try to build on bhunas departure with some ST incentives I’d have been challenged. The Ashes interest me a lot more till late September tbh.

Oh no it doesn’t !!!

Poster = One poster

Posters = More than one poster

Poster’s = Belonging or referring to a poster

4 Likes

It used to be a whole lot worse :wink:

Never a stay away. I work most saturday nights and attending became a chore due to poor football and poor atmosphere. I still went but no as often as before. I intend to make more of a effort now though

Yup…the mistakes belonging to the poster, or posters’

Depending on what you actually call a stay away. I used to go home and away every week until the fox and dann farce. This changed a lot of people, although I have had 3 season tickets since. Last year I went to 2 home games and 1 away. I did watch most games on I follow with a vpn. Shrewsbury cost me £3.51 in the end. Not going to Northampton because of child care, so I follow it is.

If the early bird was to reopen then I would buy 1 although I would miss personally 10 home games due to work. But I wouldn’t have a problem in buying 1 now. If not it will be half a season ticket come Christmas. Depends on if the club wants the money upfront or half at Christmas. Reopen for 3 days that’s all it needs, as people already know if they would get 1.

Not forgetting that the people who I go with are the same.

1 Like

I was never a Stayaway, but in the last 5 years the number of games I attended have significantly reduced to last years all time low level. That will now change.

4 Likes

The only reason to stay away was because you didn’t enjoy it anymore. And that’s fair enough. No point doing half your weekend on something you don’t enjoy.

If it was a genuine protest we’d surely have seen some Blackpool esque activity around the ground on match day.

Anyway, each to their own and if we get a few hundred more rocking up then brilliant.

5 Likes