Ash Taylor signs

Really impressed with this signing, played in the Europa League and has loads of experience which should be great at this level.

Can’t see there being many teams in this division, if any, with a better spine of a team as Taylor, Monthe, Labadie, Holden and Wilkinson.

1 Like

Can’t see there being many bigger either. Some giants in there.

1 Like

Totally agree. Anyone of those could be a captain too. Need a bit more flair and another striker for me.

Great to see us targeting players like this after Clarkes sign any old ■■■■ scattergun approach and wasting budget on poor players.

2 Likes

Impressive team building so far. Certainly got me and the fam and my m8s all excited to the point we are planning to attend many more away games as well as home each match like we used to but haven’t done for several years. Expect there will be many others thinking the same. Cue scenes like at Hereford where we were breaking through the gates to get in for KO as they couldn’t cope with our following through the turnstiles. 21/22 season Bring it oooon!

5 Likes

Another solid signing and a upgrade on James Clarke.

3 Likes

Just look at the difference in these signings to Darrells attempts at a squad,it’s so well measured and thought out huge credit has to go to Leigh here,he’s seen the mess of last season and absolutely smashed it as far as I’m concerned.The addition of Jamie looks to be so influential in everything that’s happened so far then Matt got the job and we kicked on again so from me to the club well done and Thankyou for sorting the club I love out.

All that and I ain’t had a bloody drink yet :rofl:

3 Likes

As excited as I am about our steady team building I can’t help myself but think of all the signings Clarkes doing at Fail and hoping they fall flat on their faces .

Come on you Reds

1 Like

I really hope we bully Port Vale off the park and turn them over heavily this season

Great signing obviously, now we can defend ok, can we have someone who knows where the onion bag is, we can’t rely on Wilkinson, he said himself he ain’t no striker.
Keep 'em coming. Another Adebayo type perhaps who needs a team where he can make his name…they are out there, come on lads find us one…please.

1 Like

Dismemberment and putting their puss filled limbs into a shallow grave would do fine.

Sounds a cracking signing btw. Still waiting for a medium to high notch striker and I’ll wish for a good season. Looking forward to August

7 Likes

It will only be for one season :grin:

This signing is far more exciting than the football match later!!

And both not as tall as me! :grin:

2 Likes

So your body is big like your brain too … wow :wink: :+1: :joy:

2 Likes

Great signing…should relieve some of the doubts expressed on here over the past few days,I hoped for 2 signings this week another of similar quality will do !!

1 Like

Another really solid signing that.

The spine is looking very strong now. Probably just short of another centre forward and a goalie.

The flanks are important but not as important as the spine so if we’re balancing a budget it may well be that when we look to garnish that strong centre we don’t quite see the same proven track record. That’s ok and the loan market will help. I reckon Taylor is well connected in terms of a loan network.

Coming along nicely.

3 Likes

There seems to be a two-year plan here, everyone is signing two year deal instead of the usual one year. Impressive!

4 Likes

Like me WS1 further up the thread , these players aren’t going to except the first offer on the table they will take their time with weighing up their options before signing on the dotted line .

I’m sure they’ll be more to come , and obviously in the same sort of class as already signed as that’s what we do now .

Reminds me of Dean Smith with the line of the players have to be the right kind of people as well as a good player .

2 Likes

Or the undisclosed contract length under Clarke :laughing:

1 Like