Aston Villa (H) 24th July, 7.45pm

Going tonight with two Villa fans. Expecting a good hiding tbh, but the result for me doesn’t matter as I don’t expect a win. A good performance and the chance to watch the new lads will do me. Allows the Villa fans to gloat as well - we all know they like to :rofl:

Been a long time since I was called a young man chunks👍

1 Like

Ferrier on the bench…

2 Likes

Hopefully clarkes got into his head and made him see grass ain’t greener

I just hope we get an early goal, just so we can chant “premiership yer 'avin a lff”

Haven’t seen any comments but I think Dean would be pretty complimentary about Bonser.

1. He was given his first job in management at a key point of the season. Everyone knew the situation in 10/11 and near hopeless to stay up in that January. However it was still possible and many clubs would’ve just gone for an experience coach e.g. Southend appointing Kevin Bond for last few games of lasr season. IIRC as caretaker Dean actually lost his first game at Exeter yet was still trusted to end of the season.

2. Think it was 12/13 when DS was given contract extension in middle of 15 winless run. Many owners wouldn’t have and indeed would’ve ushered him out of the door e.g. Keates.

3. Lack of interference. Now let’s say in January 2011 Dean hadn’t got the top job and then over next few months he wasn’t kept on. He’d have liked gone back to Leyton Orient to work there given Martin Ling was involved down there. Let’s say within a few years he’d got the top job there. He’d have found himself working under Francesco Becchetti who certainly has been arguably worst owner to grace English league football in last 5 years. Pretty much took them from top half of league 1 to non league with his awful decisions and pretty much wanting to pick the team.

Bonser contributed greatly to Smith’s journey to premier league. Believe me I want him to sell up as much as anyone else but I think DS will be greatful for the shows of faith between 2011-14, many owners wouldn’t have been as supportive.

3 Likes

Roberts going to be number one again then, thought Rose might’ve got a start.

Here’s a great big thank you to Mr Bonser’s press secretary above, for an insight into the workings of your press office, Mr Bonser is a wonderful person deep down, and we should all be very grateful for his historical good deeds and his contribution to the destruction of a once proud football club.

Key part you missed there. :+1:

Pring with good recovery pace, ball worked forward and Gordon fires just over.

Ferrier on the bench.

Adebayo with bustling run, move breaks down on edge of the box.

0-1. Jota.

0-2 after 12 minutes…

Don’t know whether they are a lot better than they usually are or we are a lot ■■■■■■■ to be honest.

At the moment, a combination of both.

Could be a cricket score

Anyone know what team is out there?
Our solid defence is holding up splendidly.

What’s with the new rails on the walls behind each goal. A new regulation or thought up by us to try and prevent pitch invasions?

Robert’s isn’t filling me with much confidence

1 Like