Attendance for cambridge

Hope they have got the staff numbers to cope if we do get a bigger crowd, be a shame if people turn up to stand for half an hour in queues as normal. Having said that can’t see there being more than 4500 home fans.

1 Like

Most of the upper is sold, my dad and I only just managed to get 2 seats together so I reckon it’ll be pretty full.
6,375 I reckon

5762 with 602 visitors (my Cambridge friend tells me they took 650 to Salford but that was a new ground)

Well the marketing has been Cack for the game.

One article doesn’t contribute to great ticket sales.

3 Likes

Has there been any marketing?

They put a post on Facebook and Twitter when they announced it and nothing since.

I’ve not even had an email nor seen it on the big M6 board…we don’t help ourselves sometimes

2 Likes

Ive saw 7 8 or even 9k attendance…A fiver is good but it still dont attract people like you think. A £5er for a cold SAturday afternoon (of poor football so far this season) just isnt it all cracked up too be

1 Like

Because its the same mugs running the offers! There has been no change…like I say hugely frustrating.

Mole and Gamble need to go asap. This fresh new start is starting to feel not all that fresh…

1 Like

Are you sure? The map on the eticketing site looks just as sparse as normal.

It really is criminal this hasn’t been advertised any further. There was even an email this week with a link to Cambridge tickets but it didn’t say it was only £5 at all!! Honestly they are just as useless as the team.

2 Likes

My dad got our tickets and said the middle tier was looking full with just the odd ones here and there…he may have exaggerated :joy:

The marketing team is pathetic - they outsource all the graphic design to an agency in Birmingham so I presume they’ll be charged by the item. If they had an in-house graphic designer (cough-me-cough) they could treble the amount of marketing and social media they did rather than keep churning out the same stock posts

1 Like

It’s all ■■■■. My work are having the Christmas do at the Bescot. Should see the state of the menu. The DJ is apparently there until 12.45pm, the food options aren’t separated by any lines or anything. There’s one set pudding which is separated like the different main options so everyone naturally thought they were different options too.

There was me thinking The Venue was their pride and joy when really it’s just a lack of care, attention and pride in every aspect of the football club!

Show us the menu, I’m starving

1 Like

You’ll have a long wait chief. If it’s as bad as the beer though I’ll be getting a take away after.

Well this isn’t surprising, which is the sad thing. This sort of stuff is the absolute basics and they are consistently getting it all so so wrong.

My mate John Macey invited me to his xmas party there last year, and to be honest i quite enjoyed it, the food was surprisingly good and so was the entertainment.

Yeah our work went a couple of years ago. It was surprisingly good but the menu being a complete mess shouldn’t happen. It’s a basic and the first thing a possible customer will see. Thankfully through my many rants they all knew what to expect anyway and so weren’t surprised at the basic errors and obvious lack of proof reading.

2 Likes

Can’t say I’ve seen much in the way of marketing?

Seriously can’t see us getting anymore than 4K through the door… useless

Played football at Manor Farm a few weeks ago and was impressed to see the Community Programme advertising free 8-16 sessions on the notice boards with plenty of leaflets on hand.

In terms of promoting the £5 Cambridge tickets however, the same questions remain from the Bradford offer last season. Are the club emailing every person on the mailing list about this offer? Could they have pushed it on social media before today? Is there visibility for the offer in the town centre? Have we advertised at the Uni Campus or Walsall College? Has it been advertised on the big screens?

I hope so, because a few weeks after the chairman asked for 5,000 on the gate you’d hope to see a concerted marketing effort to promote a very good offer on an international weekend.

3 Likes

Looking like a poor take-up on the eticket site. Will do well to get anywhere near 5k at this rate.

What was the home attendance on Saturday? Just over 2K was it not?
The pull of Cambridge and/or £5 ticket price to see a pith poor team that have lost most of their home games so far will lure in how many more floating voters on a freezing, probably wet Saturday afternoon?
Think it will fall flat, 4K at best.