Attendances

This is stupid if true that she said he was family but could not have a family ticket it needs to be renamed to make it clearer as surely this is false advertising,
Does it say anywhere it must be Dad Uncle or Grandfather or is this just one persons opinion no wonder we cannot pick up casual fans I

3 Likes

What the eff are the club doing? Putting obstacles and problems in the way of people wishing to hand over money! Nah, much better to pee them off and risk them not coming again. I mean, we struggle to fit every one in the ground donā€™t we :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Was they home or away fans ?, because i believe what we sell tickets for as to be sold to away fans, so do we allow tickets to be sold for concessionary prices to away fans ?, robbing the club of funds ?, and our website does stipulate parent/guardian ( not brother, uncle, auntie, sister or friend ), just saying and these funds generate money at the end of the day for the playing budget which isnā€™t the biggest is it.

Thereā€™s over 400,000 reasons our budget is so smallā€¦

Thatā€™s a different debate, just on about ticketing.

Semantics

As someone who benefits from the concessionary prices offered to Walsall away fans, I would completely disagree with this not being available for away fans at the Bescot.
Many years ago I took my 2 children, then about 7 & 10, to Scunthorpe and had to pay full adult prices for them. I was outraged. At that time clubs did not have to offer the same concessions.

Missed the point Hull, what i was saying was that iā€™m sure what ticket pricing you have on offer for home fans, you have to provide the same for away fans, every clubs different in their ticketing structure, in regards to family tickets.

I would be extremely interested to find out how much difference there was in gate receipts for the Northampton game with the special deal. In my mind the total receipts of 4500 full price tickets canā€™t be far off nearly 9000 with the majority of home tickets at Ā£5.

They should at the bare minimum be trying to nearly fill the ground at least 2/3 times a year with a really good incentive. These school open days have been done for years and are they really working? There used to be incentives for youth football clubs for every home game when I was a nipper.

1 Like

Talking of incentive games, do the Club ever do any follow-up with the people who have taken advantage of the free/cheap tickets. For instance, three questions come to mind,

1. Would you have come anyway?
  2. Will you come again when there are no cheap tickets?
  3. If you donā€™t intend to come again, what can we do that might persuade you to change your mind?

Without a follow-up I donā€™t see how the club can know what works, and what doesnā€™t, or what might work better.

3 Likes

This is the point isnā€™t it? When I worked for BT in the 1980s , Customer Care was all the rage. It just seems to have passed Walsall by.Surely more than any other business,football should be working on the loyalty of their potential long-term customers.

They were home fans. And if the website does state that in the terms then fair enough, but they really should call it a parent and child ticket then as opposed to a family. I just donā€™t think the club do themselves any favours.

Whatā€™s more long term than giving free football to watch to anybody under 18, who buys a early bird season ticket and gets their money back( via Ā£3 each match ) when they attend and anybody under 12 free join the swifty squad with a full paying adult, ainā€™t that long term planning in the future fans of tomorrow.

To invest in an early bird season ticket you have to be a fan in the first place surely? What floating supporter or unconverted youngster is going to outlay that kind of money? To get more fans in the stadium new youngsters need to be sold the experience or opened up to the club in the first place - then may want to commit regularly afterwards.

The whole system is lazy and just does not work - like @JumboTrudgeon has said, there seems to very little monitoring of what actually is working. Probably costs too muchā€¦

Ticket at Fellows Park used to cost the price of a pint.

Which is how all inflation calculations should be basedā€¦

2 Likes

4,555 attendance v the Sheepies with 806 of them crossing the border so just 3,749 in the home sections. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Good point re follow ups. I took my son to a local premiership rugby game last year as part of a trip for his mini rugby team. Someone phoned me the following week to check whether we had enjoyed the game and associated activities, how we had found the logistics, would we consider coming again (as it was the first time for us) etc.

We also took part in a community match day event at WFC recently, but I donā€™t recall any follow up.

1 Like

Went to Peterborough last season (groundhopping). They made a big fuss out of first time attendees, reading their names out and welcoming them. Certainly can give kids a little extra push to support their local team.

Cost my 15 yr old lad Ā£17.50 last night!!! Its no wonder the attendances are so poor. .

Blimey! Not good.

1 Like