Attendances

Upper tier wouldn’t see the goal then!

A very radical solution would be to put away fans in the upper tier (net the first few rows) like Newcastle and Sunderland do but again that’s pie in the sky thinking with all the logistical issues.

I have experienced that at dingle city :worried:

The BBC have a decent documentary on iplayer about the way new grounds are designed with atmosphere in mind. Its clear ours was designed with absolutely nothing in mind. You reap as you sow ( mostly:wink:)

Now that they have fenced the exit many people used at the back of the retail park, all fans exit and mix at the same end of the stadium so it doesn’t really matter where the away fans are situated. Put them in the lower ftg stand and give us the away end, atmosphere would be far better for us and away fans would find it difficult to generate any noise.

It was trialled a few years ago with home fans in the away end vs Brighton in the cup

What would be really special and increase the fan base would be Mr Bonser really putting the whole club lock stock and barrel up for sale and have a new consortium who want a club with ambition’s to progress and have Football success instead of a business venture and rebuild a new stadium minus stanchion’s , safe standing behind the goal’s , and more modern . I know we we’re one of the first to build after the Taylor report but look’s out dated compared to today’s standard’s

1 Like

Thats about the only long terms solution.:+1:

When we first moved, I’m pretty sure we had the ‘away’ end for home fans for at least the first season. Dunno if my memory is playing tricks on me, though…

Playing tricks mate

Definitely playing tricks. Was a terrace for away fans for first couple of seasons, mirroring the GA terrace at the other end.

Whilst the Big End was being constructed we did spend a few months at that end though.

And there have been the odd occasion when that end has been used for family day type offers.

There were two occasions at the end of the 98/99 glory season when we only gave Oldham and Fulham respectively half of that end to accommodate demand in the home sections which meant we had half of that end.

The club investigated putting us in the away end and the away fans in the family stand with the families moving to the Big end.
Didn’t come off due to objections by the police.

I’m afraid ‘objections by the police’ is just one of the many taglines Bonser hides behind when something will a) take too much effort or b) too much (any) expense!

The club can do whatever they want if they really want to!

1 Like

Simplest way to overcome the issue of away fans sounding louder, is to take the roof off the away end.

And sell it , you never know it might go toward’s another signing at some point :rofl:

Our poor attendances have been debated on this site, ever since its inception. The problem has also been pretty much the same for some time.

A deadly mix of strong local competition, low investment, no ambition, poor atmosphere, rent payments, poor facilities and terrible PR; has left the club dependent on a small base of die hard fans & all the marketing schemes in the world wont change that.

5 Likes

Lol lol

The only atmosphere they took into consideration would’ve been the one inside the Stadium Suite when they hired it for parties.

3 Likes