Audit 2020 Annual Report etc

Not on players.

1 Like

Wages and salaries. Operating costs. Amortisation and depreciation. Itā€™s all there in the accounts, thereā€™s nothing ā€œdodgyā€. The only thing there isnā€™t, is detail. So we canā€™t see transfer fees paid and received, for instance.

2 Likes

Or salaries for players separated from staff. Havenā€™t read these yet, as the accounts are an annual exercise in disappointment. Youā€™d see more through Helen Kellerā€™s eyesā€¦

1 Like

Does that have to be paid back?

Been the well run club for far to long now and where as that got us Lucky to escape the drop .Now is the time for change If as Pomlett indicated that we could well come out of this pandemic better than others. Not saying go to extreme measures but letā€™s have a top 7 budget this year and get out of this god awful league.

1 Like

Noā€¦it is a grant. Dread to think what this years accounts will look like!!

1 Like

I would rather have a top 7 manager . I think of all our successful Managers only Richard Money had a top of the range budget for their respective divisions.

Nope.
Accounts to 2017 showed the split of Directors Loans at the time as Bonser Ā£1.1m, Pomlett Ā£223k, Bond Ā£223k, Tisdale Ā£10k.
2018 & 2019 showed reductions in loans of Ā£385k - unspecified but it looks like around Ā£300k would be Bonser.
2020 details the extinguishing of Bonserā€™s loan of c. Ā£800k, leaving Pomlett in to the tune of c Ā£970k, Bond Ā£200k and Tisdale Ā£10k (back of a fag packet).

1 Like

Would like to have both but as we have employed JF as our Director of football I fancy if Dutton is not given the job it will be someone up and coming and not an experienced boss who will be too long in the tooth to listen to new ideas and what JF has to say to him.

1 Like

Think it all depends on LP and JF. This season has been a write-off almost since the start

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t surprise me when Bonser was willing to sell the club, he asked LP to pay the 800k the club owed him and come to an arrangement for the freehold and the club would be his.
As JB is no longer in the picture as far as the day-to-day running of the club is concerned, it could have happened that way. We will probably never know the complete story.

I hope we donā€™t post a small profit for pure vanity. We could have managed to break even.

I just think of @RobHarv3y efforts and us all digging deep to raise Ā£7k via the just giving page. To pay HMRC over 150% of that effort so that we can cling onto the ā€œwell run clubā€ moniker that only WFC seem to care about seems a little daft.

5 Likes

If we make a profit this year it will be beyond belief!!!

1 Like

Blimey P.T, thatā€™s almost on the level of your womanā€™s soccer team would have won the 1962 World Cup sketch!
We donā€™t pay tax on profits due to the continued existence of past accumulated losses of Ā£786k in the accounts.

1 Like

Not to mention thatā€™s the wrong year of accountsā€¦

1 Like

If you go back to 2017 accounts it say that the repayments to Bonser were Ā£288K net of interest. So in addition to the rent he was also charging interest on the loan he had at least at that point - but of course he took nothing from the Club.

Pomlett and Bond were taking Ā£25k per year capital annually off their loans but also charging interest on the balances which is disclosed in the related party notes. Interestingly all reference to JWBā€™s loan repayments being net of interest stopped after 2017 and they stopped disclosing the figures for each individual director but with simple mathematics you can work it out but why would they do that.

Assuming Pomlett and Bond continued to take Ā£25K in loan repayments plus interest at the end of 2019 they would have been owed just under Ā£200K each and Bonsor just under Ā£820K

The 2020 cash flow statement says that loans of Ā£1,040,000 were repaid in the year and replaced with new loans of the same amount) but only Ā£770K of that was from the Directors. Perhaps the difference was hire purchase agreements taken out on the Ā£220K of fixed assets acquired in the year.

Questions should be asked as to why the Club wont disclose the amounts that are owed to each director separately and why Bonserā€™s loan interest was never disclosed but those of Bond/Pomlett were.

Directors remuneraion of Gamble & Mole increased to Ā£198K between them

Fans left their season ticket money in - Staff were furloughed or made redudant and Bonser continued to draw the same rent or more. I suppose that some of this may have changed since May 2020 but Pomlett did say all the stakeholders had helped the club - perhaps he should say exactly how and if the two paid directors have taken pay cuts now!

It doesnt take much to be transparent - they may get more credit if they were just a bit more forthcoming with the figures - its no wonder fans ask questions.

9 Likes

I am waiting for the Cullmeister to analise it :grin:

I hope youā€™re not, Iā€™d rather he analysed it because your version sounds like it hurts

7 Likes

:grinning: Glad you remember that. I stand by it!

Brownhills comp education :grimacing: :man_facepalming:

1 Like