Away days

Independent saddlers supporters. Association

When we play away to forest green. I will have seen Walsall play away at every. Football team, In all four divisions. In either a league or cup fixture with the exception of two teams . And that is Spurs and Newcastle

How many have. Others been to

11 Likes

Some achievement fair play :+1:

2 Likes

Am I right in thinking we’ve never played away at Tottenham?

2 Likes

Never played away at Spurs and the last time we played Newcastle away was in 1963.

1 Like

Yes mate never played them away from home

2 Likes

So, Dhforever, you’ve seen Walsall play at all these grounds bar Tottenham. That’s a quality effort. I think you’ve well and truly earned your Spurs…

5 Likes

Think I have done about 82 never been to Chelsea. West Ham, Spurs , Newcastle, Forest Green Cheltenham , Exeter, Norwich, Gillingham,Southampton Some were at the old grounds so still got a few new grounds to do.

1 Like

Nice one lol
Either that or I need sectioning

Hovering around the late fifties try and do a new couple each season but the others keep going out the league

2 Likes

I’ve seen Walsall in competitive matches at 85 of the current 92 clubs, with Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, Middlesbrough, Chelsea and Villa to do, plus FGR in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Haven’t fully counted but reckon I’ve done about 80 current league teams and about 72 current league venues. Plus two I’ve been to where I haven’t seen Walsall (Everton and spurs).

Reckon I’ve seen Walsall at around a dozen clubs now in non league too.

2 Likes

Just proves what a loyal bunch we are pal
Maybe small in numbers. But our loyalty and commitment. Is second to none,
It’s not that we have ever had much to shout about ether But as said. It must be born into us or we all need certifying

2 Likes

I’d love to see us at Goodison under the lights in a midweek game.

3 Likes

Cracking old stadium Dan, I went in 72. Then went again a few years back when they played my Mrs hometown team Tamworth

Had been going to fellows park since 65. Had no choice was took as a child by my Walsall mad father ,my first away game wit the saddlers was Everton in 72". My old man went everywhere with them. A fan of 88 years before he passed a few years back

3 Likes

Not seen Walsall play at Newcastle, Spurs, West Ham, QPR, Ipswich ,Cambridge and Middlesbro BUT have seen other clubs play at those. Never been to FGR but will be there when we play and I can add Cambridge ‘with Walsall’ later in the season too.

I completed the 92 (as was available then ) by the year of 1992 of which about 76 were with Walsall at that time.

2 Likes

Me too. My closest league ground. About four miles. As DH says - a proper old ground although more in the shadow of Anfield than it has ever been.

And if we ever get Marine in the cup you can all come to ours for bacon sarnies and drinks before the ten minute walk.

2 Likes

Holding you to that! :grimacing:

2 Likes

They’ll likely smash the place up with the amount of previous they’ve got!

1 Like

Am I right in thinking Goodson was actually liverpools ground st one point and they swapped
Or am I imagining having read that somewhere

You’re nearly right mate.

Everton were the original inhabitants of Anfield. But they got the hump with the amount of rent they had to pay for the ground (familiar?) upped sticks and moved across the park. This left a football ground with no club and so Liverpool FC was born.

2 Likes