Away days

I’m on about 60 of the current 92 watching Walsall, with some serious regrets about missing some when I had the chance, particularly Upton Park and Ninian Park as they are no longer with us.

I have no idea how many i have been to? some of them were a blur :grin:

2 Likes

how gutted i am reading this thread too see people at united-walsall etc etc and now my age range get too see the might of stevenage or grimsby (AGAIN)…

i missed our best era but i dam hopeful of some more good times…

ive never kept count but when i get home from work im going too go over the list, be intresting as ive done a fair few now

1 Like

Wont be from next season I’m afraid as they are moving to a purpose built out of town souless shopping complex with no pubs.

1 Like

I bet you are glad he did though !

1 Like

No pubs but if you fancy a swim before the game you will be able to do that instead! Mind you there is a nice swimming pool very close to the away end at Oakwell too.

1 Like

Clubs definitely lose something when they move away from the heart of the community who’s name they bare.

2 Likes

Just 26 for me.

Wouldn’t have it any other way mate , and don’t regret a minuite of it

1 Like

But can you recall how many you have been ejected from pal. Lol

1 Like

I hit 70 out of the 92 before I moved over here in 1994 but some of them now relegated and others have renovated / moved stadiums.

Remember being at the Wolves when only 50% of it was open.

Also Wembley and The Millennium stadium done.

Also been to Newry City, Warrenpoint, Glentoran and Windsor Park over here. Croke Park in Dublin on All Ireland Final day is something to experience.

Finally, was at a Dinamo Bucharest / Steua Bucharest (the Ultimate Derby they call it) a few years ago. It was simply mental.

:rofl::rofl::see_no_evil:

I’ve been to Windsor Park with a Linfield fan and Brandywell with a Derry City fan. Would love a Walsall tour of Northern Ireland one year. Be interesting to see if any of our lot would give their flute song a blast at Derry.

1 Like

And me, but blurred games with WFC. have quite often been the best and might I say still are lol :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

not advisable at the Brandywell

1 Like

I’ve managed 71 of the current 91. If you can count Bury as the 92nd club this season then that would be 72. Also been to Wembley, Millennium Stadium, lots of non-league and quite a few ex-league clubs, teams such as Maidstone Utd, Halifax, Wrexham, Stockport, Kidderminster, Torquay, Yeovil, Notts County, Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Barnet to name a few. Also been to Sydney FC and Manly Utd in Australia.

1 Like

Just totting up the grounds I’ve been too. Does it count if you saw a team when they were ground sharing? I saw us against Charlton when the ground shared at Selhurst Park.

I’ve never been to the Hawthorns or St Andrew’s.

I’ve been to 70 including a home game at the Hawthorns.
Lots of the now departed not included:
Hereford, Chesterfield, Stockport,Torquay, Hartlepool, Aldershot, Barnet, Yeovil, Halifax, York, Darlington, Southport, Maidstone.
Cup games against St Albans, Slough, teams that don’t exist anymore like Leytonstone
Games not including the saddlers I’ve been to Bayern Munich, Eintracht Frankfurt, Darmstadt, Toulouse, Yokohama

1 Like

Yes, I’m sure that counted in the 92 Club rules that I go by.

1 Like

Just found the online version of the 92 club at

ninetytwoclub.org.uk

But there is a rival one that has different rules.

the92.net

Each to their own to count grounds and matches attended, but the latter one allows pre season friendlies and women’s matches too.