Gordon 6 Goals [25 appearances]
Lavery 6 Goals [20]
Adebayo 4 Goals [21]
Baka 4 Goals [21]

says a lot or not a lot depending on your point of view

2 Likes

Not the answer.

2 Likes

While weā€™re at it why donā€™t we get Michael ricketts out of retirement. Baka the exact same player has adebayo so whatā€™s the point? Both absolutely useless. Gaffney shouldnā€™t be anywhere near a Walsall side either. Goes to show how far these dropped when itā€™s come to this. Jordan cook will be back next

Some kid made a twitter transfer rumour account and made it up, linked us amongst about five clubs looking at him. Ignore it.

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather take a look at the lad at Leamington that was mentioned on here, Josh March scored again on Saturday and now has 18 goals this season already and looks set to eclipse Colby Bishop who managed 29 last season playing for them and is now doing brilliantly in L1.

3 Likes

Yeah, letā€™s get a striker with a scoring record no better than what we already have. It appears to be the Walsall way!

1 Like

Although this rumour sounds complete nonsense, does anyone really believe that he would come back here even if approached? There is no chance in my view.

He can earn a living in the third division or certainly get a regular start at a bigger fourth division side. No need for him to come back, particularly given the regular grief he got when he was here

He is a much better finisher than Adebayo, Gordon and Gaffney.

1 Like

Agree mate but nothing to suggest he is any better finisher than Gordon imo

Heā€™s still ā– ā– ā– ā– , barely scores for Coventry. Youā€™d think heā€™s become some massive success since leaving the way some talk.

3 Likes

I thought about Gordon before including him, but the evidence points to him not being a good finisher. He often snatches at opportunities, rather than showing composure. It is the one part of his game that stops him playing at a higher level, as his workrate and attitude are first class.

Regarding Bakayoko, it has to be remembered that people are comparing his record in L1 with our current ones in L2. He is no great shakes, admittedly but If he was here he would easily be top scorer this season, in my view.

4 Likes

Iā€™d say heā€™s better than Gaffney so thatā€™ll do me for now :+1:t2:

1 Like

Iā€™m fucking better than Gaffney ā€¦:grinning:

11 Likes

:rofl: I have no doubts that you are in fact Iā€™m guessing most on here are better even the shall we say older membersā€¦

Not sure about thatā€¦havig seen some of the shapes who support our team::grinning:

I didnā€™t know Gaffney could sink copious amounts of cider :joy::wink:

1 Like

Ya didnā€™t know he was supposed to be a professional footballer either ā€¦

2 Likes

He cant sink a goal so id hope he can sink a beer or two!

Just looks like a year 6 at his new school lost in the big maze of a new school

1 Like

Iā€™ve always had a somewhat ā€œelephant in the roomā€ theory about strikers. If you can score say 30 or even 40 goals a season at a level or two below another level then as a player you have a chance at the higher level based on two obvious things. 1) You can get lots shots and headers on target, and many that go past the goalkeeper using whatever skill/instinct you have. 2) Moving up a level will enable you to play with better players, train with better coaches, and maybe even switch from part to full time as say Colby Bishop has. What happens next is a big ?, because obviously there will be better defenders trying to stop you, maybe more pressure whatever.

On the flip side, if you are a 10 goal a season striker, and there have been plenty of them worth having in your team because they have other attributes, then in my opinion thats what you will be (give or take) even if you drop down a level or two, because the chances are being a ten goal a season striker involves not getting in the correct positions often enough by constantly making those fruitless runs that in the 91st minute becomes a fruitful one, not having the ability to get enough shots and headers on target etc etc.

Just to use a couple of examples, Andy Cook for all his flab and moronic attitude, will score goals in L1 and 2, Joelinton (40m ā€œstrikerā€ at Newcastle) wouldnā€™t outscore Cook at Mansfield, or probably even Barrow. Likewise players like Charlie Austin who was at Poole Town when I first saw him, versus say Shola Ameobi, who despite having a super-sub 1 in 5/6 scoring record in the prem never did any better playing for the likes of Fleetwood and Notts County in the lower leagues.

1 Like

Moves like he has done

1 Like