Bakayoko

Whatever else Bakayoko achieved (or not) I shall always remember his slide-rule assist to the charging George Dobson which brought us 3 precious points against Northampton Town in that crucial game last season.

Best wishes Amadou, and if you do end up at Bristol Rovers then don’t feel you have to notch a hat-trick against us just to prove a point…

5 Likes

Really hope he does well somewhere else
Think he needs to move away as he has become stale here

Thing ill always remember about bakayoko is for a 6 ft 3 striker he never seemed to win a header.

2 Likes

It’s a good move all round. He gets a fresh start, we get a fee. I always got the feeling with him that he just doesn’t have proper striker instincts and this will always hold him back from scoring many. Thought also for his size often centre halfs had it too easy against him, yesterday was a pleasure to see our 2 new forwards making it difficult for the opposition for a change

1 Like

Brett Angell-esque…

I rated Deeney a fair bit when he was coming through. Could never understand all the “thick brickie” comments on here and elsewhere.

Didn’t quite expect him to have as good a career as he’s had though. Only missing international recognition.

Grigg’s never really proved himself above league 1 level. Didn’t play a single minute at euro 2016.

If I had to predict Baka’s career next 5 years I honestly think he’ll find his level as a decent scorer at league 2 level, similar to Alex Nicholls.

Good luck to him I guess. Ferrier looks like everything Bakayoko should be in terms of height/putting himself about/holding the ball up but unfortunately he can’t do it. His goal record speaks for itself. 1 in 10 at this level isn’t very good regardless of how good the team is around you.

Deeney surprised me as well, never thought for a minute he’d have been so successful. Fair play to him☺

There is a player in there somewhere, a fresh start is definitely needed. I do think that this will come back to haunt us.

Just wonder what compilation of wonder goals could be attributed to Bakayoko for the Brizzle fans to admire?
One sliderule pass doth not a striker make, good luck to the lad, perhaps a new team might show him what a 6 ft striker is supposed to do!

Could just show every goal he’s scored for us. Could easily get them.in a 20 second clip :smile:

You know you’re ■■■■ when you can send your goal compilation video as a text message.

Gaschat forum has posted a 5 min video of his best bits! (Dont know how to do link thingy…sorry)Managed 3 minutes of it which only shows them what we already knew, loads of potential and little end result for his goals to game ratio. I think they are hoping Marcus Stewart can coach something into him🤔
Edit…must have took hours of editing to get 5 minutes of good stuff!

who’s his agent … ■■■■ Turpin ??

He’s crap end of.

Gaschat are announcing that Bakayoko is on his way to Coventry.

Could be some truth in that one, they are looking for a forward, been knocked back by Portsmouth. Did hear on Saturday another club were also interested other than Rovers and also the early bid from Accrington.

If they have moved in, I would think they have also made a higher offer.

Amazing how he is wanted by so many but not rated by many fans!! It will be interesting to see how his career develops…I hope we will have the appropriate clause inserted in the deal so we can get some more income if he is sold on for a million or two.

1 Like

Or indeed Keates. Who considering recent events, signed Bakayoko on for another year purely as a back up if he really didn’t get his targets, giving him only limited time in the warm ups and favouring youth team prospects over him from starts.

I want to like him, I really do. I feel for him at times when the fans get on his back because you see his shoulders slump. But he isn’t going to turn that around here. The damage is too far gone, he needs a fresh start.

If we get 100-150k for him I think the club have played a blinder. Baka clearly wants to leave and probably did even before the club activated his contract extension. Meanwhile we’ve kept him fit and injury free through pre-season, brought in what looks to be a great a replacement (Ferrier), and now we’re in a perfect position to flog him to the highest bidder. Good business.

2 Likes

I’m sure a few have sent him to Coventry during his time at Walsall!!:joy:

2 Likes