Bakayoko

Yes it will be good business on our part as long as we have a decent sell on clause.

I think Ferrier is more likely a replacement for Ozzie and I expect another decent centre forward will be signed to replace Bakka, becasue we did not have a great deal on the bench when Ferrier went off early on Saturday.
Candlin is supposed to be going out on loan, so we only have young Parker as back up, which would be ok if he was fourth choice striker.

We also have the option of bringing in a talented young CF on loan before the end of August

If we brought in a centre-half and a ‘robust’ central midfielder on permanent deals, then added a loan forward of some pedigree, I’d be chuffed.

2 Likes

So many ?? You mean The mighty Coventry just promoted from League 2… hardly a wanted man is he :joy:

Made my mind up at the end of last season , his body language at Fleetwood was terrible . He didn’t want to be there .

1 Like

Too much time and indifference has passed here for Baka to turn it around - three teams at this level submitting bids probably means it’s more difficult for most of us to make an independent decision, and there is something about him - the problem is WFC is the least likely place for him to show it!

It’s a difficult catch 22 where he won’t really do well here but will likely do well for a League One rival, maybe a bit like Tom when he joined from the Sloppies?

4 Likes

If he is ever sold on for a million or two I will buy you a pie and a pint at the next home game :grin:

A lot of confusion on the Cov board about this. They all seem amazed they are paying anything for him and are interested at all. Can’t say I disagree.

1 Like

Bristol Rovers bid and it was accepted and couldn’t agree a contract, Keates also alluded to a third club that wouldn’t offer the asking price last week and were turned down, to be fair.

Bristol Post says Coventry have matched Walsall valuation of 200k!

If that’s true then that is ■■■■■■■ hilarious.

1 Like

I’m in the ‘I think he will do well elsewhere’ and may do okay playing in a front two here - but if we get anything anywhere near this then based on his past two seasons then it is a very good deal on our part.

1 Like

Hopefully the majority of that won’t in in installments as well. I’d stick it all into Keates budget, not this 50/50 ■■■■■■■■.

if they pay their transfer fees, like they do their rent, his value may as well be zero.

1 Like

if he was coming here for £200,000 he would be the club’s record signing!

If he’s worth 200K Dobson is going nowhere for less than 10 Mill when the time comes!

1 Like

Mental figures being banded around :joy:

I’d have been happy with 35k to cover the Ferrier transfer.

I’m not sure what’s more amusing. The fact that we value him at £200k, or the fact that someone seems willing to pay it!

1 Like

Maybe the Coventry manager feels some sort of unconscious sympathy for a Walsall striker who’s consistently failed to deliver and consequently become unpopular with the fans…

1 Like

Well if its true and the fee is around the £200K mark, lets hope Dean is given it to spend on two more permanent deals by Thursday 5pm.

CH, CM or CF, mind you all three would be good.

Then pick up a couple of quality cheap loans before the end of the month

Accrington Stanley were the club who made a bid that Walsall rejected

1 Like