Bakayoko

I don’t think you will ever need to…I will be as amazed as you!

Exactly , the only interest has been from clubs that you could argue are worse than us.

It won’t be easy to get a decent centre forward, to come and sit on our bench (a point I have made 100 times) unless its perhaps another non league signing.

Its a shame Parker and Candlin arent a bit further advanced because the backup roles are exactly those the “kids” should be filling.

Does anyone know if THAT Wrexham centre half played on Saturday?

1 Like

Bristol Rovers? Coventry? Who the bookies make a much more realistic promotion contender than us with more fans and a bigger ground?

Let’s not pretend these aren’t fair League One clubs in for him. The one that’s questionable didn’t even have their offer accepted.

2 Likes

I would have been content with paying his taxi fare to either coventry OR bristol out of my own pocket :joy:

2 Likes

Spot on. All the Walsall fans seem to know better than highly respected managers of two bigger clubs than us, with loftier ambitions. Hounded out by the boo boys and he’ll probably go on to score plenty at this level. It’s Grigg all over again!

And where do people think we’re going to find this striker to sit on the bench on a permanent deal. If Baka is representative of the market, and we get £100k of the £200k to spend, we’ll be lucky to get anything better, if at all.

What utter rot, not withstanding one pinpoint pass against Northampton he was a lump, unable to head, unable to tackle, never looked like scoring goals, like someone above said, his attitude at Fleetwood was appalling. He is better off with a new club who might imagine he has talent, we certainly didn’t see much of it in a Walsall shirt! He might indeed do a Deeney, but I think the majority off us think this hidden ability will be difficult to extract.

Well said. It’s not like he has only had a few games he has played over a 100. I cannot believe the amount of people who think he will all of a sudden become a deeney or a grigg. He was in the main absolute garbage.

1 Like

Always an admirer of Abou. Also Jabo and Westcarr. Did what was needed just like Mr Andrews and Mr Wright in the old days. Forgot Rambo then !! I think JW coached his attributes out of him like most inexperienced mAnagers/coaches.

Now we have the terrifying dynamic duo - All the best AB…

Amazed that so many are putting Bakayoko’s failings on the the fans. We’re not the ones skying them from 5 yards out. He’s had many, many chances. Far more than most would get.

2 Likes

He’s just not got what it takes … plain and simple. Too many times he fails to anticipate where the ball is going. By the time he’s reacted the oppo defender is already dealing with the situation. The situation at Fleetwood was the final straw for me. To refuse to shoot from that opportunity proved to me he is not, and never will be, a decent striker. Wish him no ill but lets take the money while it’s been offered.

3 Likes

According to the Excuse & Stir, Bristol Rovers’ offer for Baka has now been matched by Coventry City, and the player has had talks with them. He is keen to stay in the Midlands so it looks like a done deal.

Lets get this announced and lets give all the up front money to Keates to strengthen!!

Hopefully we ask Coventry for the money upfront…

1 Like

I wouldn’t give them credit…

I suspect Dean got an advance in the shape of the fee and wage for Ferrier. He’ll get another slice but based upon the 50% to infrastructure thing we allegedly do, he’s probably done half of the dosh already.

I bow to your superior intelligence!:triumph:

Will say this, I think that Keates/The Club have handled this perfectly. According to Keates’ quotes in the paper they haven’t put any pressure on him to go and left it up to the player. He said we got an offer that we thought was acceptable and then the club told Baka about it, not his agent. They said he was free to speak to them but if he wasn’t happy he could always come back to the squad.

Very mature and positive way of dealing with these things, no point burning bridges yet at the same time pulling off quite a deal in the clubs favour.

4 Likes

I mean he is poor. But I have also heard our own fans call him a ■■■■■■■ N****r so let’s not pretend it’s not a factor with at least a few people.

Best for all concerned, he can reboot his career at league one level and we get some cash (well maybe not we but someone does).

I would consider this as an unexpected windfall and the board should allow the proceeds to this to be fully added to Keate’s squad budget.