Bakayoko

I have never abused a player because of his skin colour even in the 70’s and 80’s when lots of fans were making monkey noises etc. I have also never abused Baka even though he has frustrated me so many times. For a big guy, he was bullied too often by League 1 Centre-halves and hardly ever won the ball in the air. If we get £170k for him then happy days. If he’s worth 5 times more than Ferrier then the transfer market really has gone mad!

Good for you. Doesn’t mean others haven’t.

Not denying that el_nombre but when you have people like TheRedPrince reverting to the “racism claim” just because some fans will not be too upset with Baka moving on it becomes a bit tedious don’t you think ?
Surely you can remember his hissy fit on the old site ?
To quote him earlier in the thread "

Blatantly clear there what he is referring to.
It has obviously became a personal habit of his, slag off our own fans and use the race card (which he belittles by using on a regular occurence) when a player departs.

Now I wish Baka all the best in his future. Time will tell if there is actually a decent player in there.

Think there’s 6 of one and half a dozen of the other going on honestly. I’m not into veiled remarks about he said this and really meant that, lets say it how it is.

Some people want to write off his poor performances and any (completely valid) criticisms as racism simply out of loyalty to the player.

Some people want to ignore racism happens because, well, comfort in their own mind I assume. To say those criticisms haven’t been magnified for some simply because of the colour of his skin is as fanciful as the other opinion.

His performances were poor towards the end of last season, but I saw some good stuff from him at times (He dominated Pompeys back line early last season) that wasn’t nurtured by Whitney, nor will have been helped by the fans getting on his back, in particular with some choice racist comments from a few - you cannot deny they happened, nor that it would ■■■■ him off enough to want out, Sawyers was exactly the same.

So what are you really saying here then? Racism doesn’t exist? Not one single element of our support are racist? That we should ignore racism? Or should it be encouraged, in your view? Again, the fact you harbour such deep feelings about a post I may have made some time ago betrays what you’re really about, I feel. Is my card now marked should some of your far right buddies make it into power somehow?

Who were you on the old site btw? Just so I know whom I’m dealing with?

I’m hearing that Coventry are now in negotiations with David N’Gog formerly of Liverpool, Bolton and Swansea.
He’s currently traiinng with Pafos in Cyprus but wants to move back to his home in Coventry. Could be the end of the Bakayoko negotiations?

Well if we do sell him I hope DK has a back up plan as it will leave us light up top and no pressure on the new forward line.

For what it’s worth I think he would have worked well in a 2 up top.

Why would a bloke from Northern France who played for Liverpool, Bolton and Swansea and hasn’t been at an English club for four years have a home in Coventry?

Must have the same Estate Agent as Richard O’Donnell…

1 Like

From wikipedia:

In July 2018 he joined Cypriot club on trial, however he stated recently he would prefer to stay in England closer to his family in Coventry.

Bizarre.

1 Like

AB not without some quality. The real problem is that he was totally drained of confidence. Restore that, play to his strengths ie obviously not an out and out target man but a front man to run the channels and there is a capable player there. I wish him well and condemn the moronic comments about a Saddler who did his best on and certainly off the field of play. Good luck Ama.

1 Like

Wonder what’s taking so long with the move?
Sooner we move him on sooner we can bring in other players

I am sure that there is a reason .
Maybe we are lining up new players ourselves .

Would we really want to advertise that we have received an extra 150K before we tie up a deal ?

Done deal

Personally I’d have released him at the end of last season, so that’s a very good piece of business for the club.

1 Like

Always felt there was a footballer in him somewhere. Not a clue how to unlock it.

1 Like

Good luck Baka go and enjoy your football

2 Likes

Very disappointed to see him go. He has had a tough time over the past few years being asked to play as a lone striker with virtually no service other than aimless balls lumped up towards his general area. The lazy comments can be dismissed, 50% of posters making those comments are thick and the other 50% haven’t seen him play.

Judging by the interest in him from other clubs it would confirm how little some fans know about football.

I wish him the very best for the rest of his career.

8 Likes

I am still gobsmacked that someone has given us money for him? don’t get me wrong, i wish the lad all the best for the future, but i just couldn’t understand why we persisted with him, just because he scored a couple of good goals(and it was just a couple) :astonished:. on the subject of racism, i have witnessed it many times over the years, i remember when kenny mower played, there used to be a guy shout “come on you 10 white men” and at the time in the 70’s 80’s you just laughed it off, because if you didn’t you became the only fan that opposed it, and that could ostracise you, and at that time i wasn’t that brave.I would wade into a few hundred opposing fans with my fists flying, but pulling someone up for being racist was another kind of brave. Nower days it is easier, because you really ARE the odd one out if you shout racist bile, so i wouldn’t think twice now about pulling someone up over it, because i am wiser, older and better educated.

Brilliant! So we’ve brought in a significantly better player in Ferrier for 35k and sold our donkey for a six-figure sum. Marvellous.

Not sure how anyone is disappointed. He’s had his chances and failed. I wish him all the best but I’m not bothered in the slightest.

2 Likes