Barrow (A) 24th October, 3pm

According to Football Club History Database - Walsall we were only in the Southern League for two seasons, while also playing in the Birmingham League. Presumably one of the leagues was for our reserves.

1 Like

Think Ashley Grimes was there for a while, and Richard Davies was for a season who made a few appearances for us.

[quote=“kevlar, post:2, topic:5421, full:true”]
Connections am few and far between…Howard Riley.
[/quote]…and

Methven an’ all (born in India apparently ).

On the Barrow fan forum they are predicting the score and one bloke put “0-0; glamour tie, glamour score.”

1 Like

Convincing win would be the best. When this will be impossible, any win will be ok. If not, any other result just leave some bad taste in coming games I think.
And something new this time, no defensive howler.

1 Like

2-1 Saddlers Adebayo and Holden.

We aren’t missing much not be able to go to Barrow. Had the mis-fortune of seeing one of its natives for a few years. The only decent looking thing there is the submarine silo. Hellhole.

3 Likes

Part of their badge.

As is a ‘Bee’ and an ‘Arrow’

Get it?

1 Like

1-1, picks itself really.

The referee tomorrow is none other than Bobby Madeley. Ex Prem.

1 Like

They have not won all season and Walsall have not lost, so classic Walsall experience says this is a nailed on Barrow win. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t think that though. Barrow are a nice tidy team. Play good football and doing things the right way. But not too much of a threat up front. I think they were lucky to get 3 against Bolton. They couldn’t finish off a 10 man Leyton Orient, which says a lot to Me

I also think they are vulnerable in defense. See goals conceded to Newport and Bolton and penalty conceded to Stevenage.

I would like to see DC pick a footballing side to match Barrow. Midfield of McDonald, Osadebe, Guthrie and Holden. I think we can out pass them and create lots of chances,

I’d give Eli a rest for this one too. Play Lavery and Scrimshaw who looks eager, and importantly, easy to identify with his blond mop.

I fancy a 1-2 Walsall win. I don’t think we can afford not to win with playing Cambridge on Tuesday.

Should be a good game. BUY YOUR PASS. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM

Good ref should favour us. Takes the randomness out of the result. (I am assuming we are the better team)

2 Likes

I think so. A bit on the subtle side though isn’t it?

1 Like

4 Likes

Let’s hope Arsenal don’t adopt this approach for their badge.

4 Likes

Or Cockermouth Juniors FC…

2 Likes

Or Penistone Utd?

2 Likes

Scunthorpe!!

2 Likes

14 Likes