Becoming too personal

Jesus Christ. Again.

1 Like

So that expression is only used by me and AM in the UK is it?
Sad. Will you ever give up and realise we are two separate beings?

Look, take a leaf out of my book. I made my point on another thread that you have made everyone else’s point. You felt the need to reply and have the last word again. I haven’t responded so the discussion can move on. That’s all it is. Give your opinion, takes others opinions, move on.

No doubt you’ll want to argue your point at me again by replying to this, I wont be though so just save your time.

Bore off mate, you are one of the people jumping in on the responses I pointed out :man_shrugging:

And actually my response to you there was just a shorted version of the one you just responded to. I.e. exactly what I said it was. There’s what I was referring too. Thanks for highlighting it.

“Poke poke poke poke - I bet you’ll want to respond to this”. Yeah I do.

1 Like

Aaaand another muted thread…:rofl:

I created the topic to raise the issue of the personalised nature of posts - not about you or any other specific poster but (widely speaking) in general…

2 Likes

Along with other expressions and lines of thought, yes. :smile:

Anyway, you know I’m only teasing. No insults (unless you think that comparing you with AM/MOG is an insult).

As I posted on the match thread, if you are who most of us think you are, then say hello to Belg from me, if you are with him on Saturday.

1 Like

El Nombres lost his head here!

1 Like

Sure.

El N - mate, you don’t always need to have the last word. Football is a game of opinions - some of us have very strong opinions, especially on something as important as the future of our club. But, the pleasure of contributing to a board like this is to share one’s opinion with others and see what they think. By this iterative process, we can educate ourselves and then refine our original opinions. We don’t always have to be right.

4 Likes

Problem is this thread, the points people are making, and the thread that spawned this one have literally nothing to do with football opinion. That’s why I posted those examples.

All these people so desperate for me to “stop ruining threads” do seem intent on giving me their two pence worth on me personally rather than the actual topic. Then moan when I respond.

You need to grow up mate, this is ■■■■■■■ pathetic to read.

Take my advice and move on ffs!

3 Likes

Then moan when I respond.

just ban the culprits its ruining the site guys sadly.

Right. As one of four people who volunteer a considerable amount of time and effort into running and moderating this site, not to mention financing it - I’ll say this:

UTS is meant to be a community, we are all Walsall supporters - this is a place to discuss Walsall Football Club. The back-and-forth bickering on the site in recent weeks is incredibly frustrating, as is having a thread dedicated to it. This has to end.

If we genuinely want these issues to stop, I’ll ask all users to adhere to and understand the following:

1. Agree to disagree. We are all passionate about the club, but as in every walk of life, not everyone will share your view. When a discussion beings to go back and forth just move on - we don’t award points for having the last word.

2. If you literally can’t leave it alone, take it to a personal message. If the user chooses not to respond, accept that and just let it go.

3. When a moderator asks for a thread to get back on topic, do so. On a few occasions this week a mod has called for order and been flatly ignored by a number of users. We have guidelines, adhere to them.

4. Respect the other users on the site and enjoy the fact that an archaic old platform like an internet messageboard is still as well used as this one. We’re all from the same neck of the woods and we all follow the same club, this is a place to embrace that.

5. We don’t want to start muting users but from now on 24-hour bans will be implemented when bickering continues and moderators are ignored. You wouldn’t believe how pissed off I am that we have to do this.

Just be nice, supporting Walsall is a tough enough already…

UTS

31 Likes

I whole-heartedly agree.

Time to move on.
UTS

2 Likes

Nice one Simon. Just what’s needed.

1 Like

Thanks Simon - appreciate the clarification etc…

1 Like

No problem with any of this as long as it is dealt with evenly.

1 Like

Thanks Simon. UTS.

1 Like