Black hole

Do we know who was credited with designing it?

Not sure “credited” is the most appropriate word, Chunk

5 Likes

Can I nick this as well mate :rofl:

Carry on

1 Like

Was Whalley, wasn’t it?

3 Likes

Now that word is defo appropriate

2 Likes

Mad Kev?

1 Like

I believe so. If he didn’t create it, he signed off on it.

Gimpsuit Billy is supposed to be modelled on a saddle, to represent the leather history of Walsall.

2 Likes

Believe it or not there was another kid we used to call mad Kev back in the 80’s Kev Reid
A smashing kid from Norton Canes, he was famous for getting on buses and telling the bus driver he was under 16 so he could get the fare half price :joy: even though he was in his 20’s
Proper hard nut that followed us home and away for years, despite being covered in Man Utd tattoo’s :joy:
I remember sitting on the wall with him at hereford, overlooking their fans going to the kiosk, he said to one " can you get me a pie mate they have sold out in our end, and i will sort the money out while you are getting it"
The kid came back, threw him up the pie and asked for his money, and Kev just told him to ■■■■ off :joy:

1 Like

Sounds like a bit of c**t to me!

That was Kev !!

1 Like

Successful day of marketing I think by WFC.

4 Likes

It surely has the reek of Whalley all over it?

2 Likes

:laughing: :sweat_smile:

I would suggest NOT using that as a name if you are marketing a new aftershave.

8 Likes

Whalley IS still there in the background, pulling strings for his lord and master. The only thing that will rid us of the stench of our No.1 fan would be a bomb. Blow the place up for good, start with a new ground
a new Board, a new Manager and a completely new squad of players.

Billy Bescot would have gone down as Whalley’s worst idea ever… if he hadn’t also suggested the statue of Bonser.

3 Likes

What a monstrosity and laughing stock that thing was it actually scared some kids to death and made them cry great idea for a mascot that :rofl:

2 Likes

My nephews lad was scared of Swifty, if he had seen that he would have been on suicide watch :joy:

1 Like