Bland XI

Something to pass the time given the club are being boring and gatekeeping the new-signing announcements.

We’ve had best/worst XI’s over last few months, I’m wondering what your most boring, blandest, most white-bread XI would be. Not the best, not the worst, but the most boring players we’ve ever had.

Adam Chambers, that’s not a criticism either. He was really good at being boring and doing the horrible stuff others didn’t want to do. In the side that so nearly got promoted he was pivotal but going to the ground every week I wasn’t looking forward to watching Chambers play if that makes any sense

2 Likes

It does! But boy we’ve missed him since. Still sad that he wasn’t given any kind of recognition or send off once he left.

10 more to go! :joy:

1 Like

One of the best midfielders at doing the simple basics we have ever had
How you noticed when he didn’t play, like carrick for Man Utd

1 Like

Every team under Mullen

Ian Roper not easy on the eye, but could boot the ball and head the ball onto the m6.

Josh Gordon

4 Likes

I found his needless fouling too annoying for him to be bland.

Agreed, like I said it wasn’t a criticism. Every team needs a player like that. The current team has Kinsella who we have never really found the right partner for. In that team of 15/16 he seemed to compliment all the players who played next to him

1 Like

If we have another season like the last few, Kinsella becomes the most crowned ‘Player of the Season’ for us!

1 Like

Then both started last year with out of depth coaches before being replaced with experience. And with an unhelpful board…

Lavery

1 Like

Jack Rose - Did absolutely nothing wrong, but sat on the bench for 3 years
Hayden White
Ollie Lancashire
Mark Hughes
Paul Boertien
Marco Reich
Nicky Featherstone
Anton Peterlin
Kevan Hurst
George Miller - a little harsh maybe, like him but never got too excited when he got a half chance.
Caolan Lavery

2 Likes

Strong list!

1 Like

GilMartin
Weston roper Clarke boertien
Forde chambers featherstone Holden ( as a winger)
Lavery macken

2 Likes

Tony BEDeau

Rhys Weston for me, never liked him :rofl:

Paul Marshall belongs here too, I think?

1 Like

I think we need an opposite to this thread. Players you have seen for us that got you off your seats upon receiving the ball

Scotty Houghton

2 Likes