Bolton and Bury

It’s only been a couple of years since Bolton were last in trouble, which indicates that the current sanctions make some people think it’s a risk worth taking. I think non-league automatically relegate two divisions. There’s no excuse for League clubs . They should have the two divisions and the 12 points sanctions. It would mean reaching agreement with the National League, but I can’t see them objecting to an extra promotion place.

2 Likes

And despite Bradford’s issues, some BBC “pundits” have them favourites for promotion…

Ignore earlier post.
Bradford/Bolton - I’m old , that’s my excuse anyway…

Can we make a cheeky bid for Oztumer?

Surprised they haven’t cashed in on him, one year left on his deal and Charlton have been linked for ages, guess they’re waiting for him to become free agent rather than have to pay a fee.

Apparently they’ve only got three senior players now in their squad, rest are youth teamers. Reminds me of Portsmouth a few years back.

I thought he had handed in his notice and he’s free to walk away. Strange he hasn’t left already. Rumour is not paid since February.

Oztumer starting for Bolton today.

Who are the other 6 playing alongside him?

In goal?

2 Likes

They signed three players on loan this morning so a reasonably competitive league one team they’ve been able to put out.

My boss, a staunch Bolton fan, currently crying in his soup daily, says he has heard rumours that we DID actually put in a cheeky bid, however he scored twice in a friendly, York I think it was, so they turned us down flat…as I say, only a rumour.

Bury now have 14 days, or face expulsion

However, Bolton seem to be getting more support

1 Like

■■■■■■■ good

Not sure why Bolton seem to be getting better treatment. Both clubs were run very poorly but even so you have to have sympathy with the fans who pay their hard-earned cash to watch these teams

But at the same time relish in the glory when they are doing well :wink:

As did the fans of … Luton, Bournemouth and Rotherham. :wink:

2 Likes

Talking about Bolton, I attended a seminar by EON the other night at the Bolton ground.
It was held in the Legends Suite…my god, the mind boggles that a club like this with such a fabulous stadium is in an awful state!
Still, like Bury, clubs cannot continue to spend money they don’t have, hoping the banks will continue to support them.
Talk about chalk and cheese when compared to our breezeblock abomination built on the cheap at great expense. The Reebok, now apparently called the University of Bolton Stadium has facilities similar to the likes of Wembley, or any swanky top class Premiership club. So many staff wondering about, even early evening, no wonder they can’t pay the salaries!
Yet they sit in the 3rd Division, apparently have 5 full time pro’s on the books, and still have -12 points, and will no doubt be in the 4th Division next year.
Bury, I fear will not exist in the EFL shortly and will probably have all this seasons fixtures expunged.

Breaking news on BBC saying an offer made to buy Bury. My first match was when we beat Bury 3-0, goals from Buckley, Wright & Andrews

The other six dwarfs.

Back to Bury, why can’t the Neville bros bale 'em out. They’m minted and got big connections.with bury.

3 Likes

Because they own Salford

1 Like