Bond leaves the building

Great! The only board member who was actually contributing financially, besides Pomlett, has left the building.
Thank you, Nigel, for your service and helping the club out in time of need.

3 Likes

From what I understand from my contacts he was one of the good guys, will be a sad loss, but will always still be only my 2nd favourite Nigel Bond (I’ve been on holiday with the other). Farewell Nigel, thanks for the memories.

Can never fault anyone including Pomlett who use their money out there own pocket to prop up the club - even if they get a return there’s an element of risk

As I understand it, Walsall FC was Nigel’s only other directorship. I get it if it’s a retirement. But I would not be shocked if he’s as disillusioned as we are at some of this regimes handling of the clubs affairs

1 Like

That would imply that he was fine with Bonser’s running of the club previously. :thinking:

I’ve no idea whether he was or he wasn’t, but I don’t think there anything going on amongst the board and directors as machiavellian as some conspiracy theorists would have you believe. Good and bad decisions (perhaps more of the latter) but not some well planned super villain type scheme that they’ve kept going for years.

1 Like

This seems to make a lot more sense now.

8 Likes

Do you mean he resigned because he saw better coming or because he disagreed with the decision to sell?

No idea, but LP had said previously that NB was the biggest investor other than himself and that the club would struggle to pay him back should he recall his loan(s). In hindsight, perhaps Bond’s resignation should have been a big clue that investment was coming.

4 Likes