Brian Dutton

Defo 3.

1 Like

I know what you mean. Weā€™re trying to play a bit, the midfield are engaged in build up play rather than watching the ball fly over their heads and then having the sole job of winning it back and relaunching.

All that is positive. The problem is that weā€™re toothless up top because we still canā€™t find a way to load the box. Overlapping centre halves is dandy but when they put a ball in the box there should be more than one person attacking the space. We actually put four or five decent balls in tonight but nobody was home. If we play this way then we need to commit to it.

3 Likes

I think the reference to 2 is because the 1st game was only 24 hours after DC walked so the prep for that game was his and still in place. Bd has had 2 games with any sort of time between them to train, coach or whatever it is they do with these players.

Novice manager with a depleted, crap squad.
What could possibly go wrong?

4 Likes

If he can be successful with this lot he will go on to be a legend :grin:

3 Likes

Yowve changed your tune

I donā€™t buy that at all, since BD hopefully knew the players after already being at the club for 18 months.
Iā€™m sure it would have been counted if we had actually won that game.

1 Like

Data data data!

Oftentimes it takes standing back and looking at the bigger picture to see whatā€™s going on.

What data?

2 Likes

No one cares what you say.

1 Like

Constructive comments with your put-downs, please!

3 Likes

You looking in that mirror again thanny :wink:

4 Likes

disproportionate response to polite request.

1 Like

I can see what you say, and I agree with a lot of that. I was just mentioned what others had said at the time of his first game, having had virtually no time to instil his football ā€˜philosophyā€™, as he put it in his interview.

Just prefer it if you did not reply to my comments, ta. I wonā€™t be responding constructively to anything you say (if you hadnā€™t noticed).

Cheerio. Polite enough?

1 Like

No. Iā€™ll post what I wanted long as they are within the site rules, ok?

2 Likes

My rhymes and records, they donā€™t get played.
Because my records and rhymes, they donā€™t get madeā€¦

So we are in a bit of a pickle arenā€™t we folks the old managers done one and left his old right hand man with a right load of crap to work with.So if as people have eluded to above,a new man at the helm would have the same issues as Brianā€™s having we have no choice but to stick with the current situation and hope the football carries on but we all of a sudden start creating a bucket load of chances do we.

Nah.

Duttonā€™s trying his best but I canā€™t really see him winning enough games to be seriously in contention to get it full time.

Tonight was the sort he needed to win not so much to keep season alive as itā€™s just drifting but at least show heā€™s got something about him to beat one of the better teams in the division who were in indifferent form coming into this.

Instead it was a drab display with hardly a chance created. Played much better in the away game v them.

Whatā€™s needed in the summer is experienced head who has settled way of playing and will also have good contacts at other clubs to get in some decent loan players. Going to be a tough ask but other similar sized clubs will probably get that type of manager in.

2 Likes

Weā€™re asking a novice to win matches with an unbalanced squad that lacks quality and without the chap who until three or four weeks ago was our main attacking threat, and without a player many on here thought was our best defender. I think itā€™s called a poisoned chalice, Tone.

I wish Mr Dutton well, but, really, Clarke did a dreadful job and has left us in a mess.

10 Likes